Another New Forum For Another New Brand

Andy

Is that speculation or information Andy?

Purely speculation and totally uninformed! Hope are a sponsor of Dougie and there is a very good relationship there. Hope also have a reputation for producing very high quality components. This is just my opinion and I have heard nothing to back this theory up (if I had heard anything it would have been told in confidence and I wouldn't be posting about it), but it would be an ideal opportunity for them to develop and test high quality parts for the Trials market if they were so inclined.

Fixed it for you.

Amusing; but that's not my experience thedbf. I have plenty of Hope parts on my mountain bikes: brakes, hubs, a set of factory built wheels, bottom brackets and various finishing components. All good quality, fairly priced, future proof, serviceable & with great spares backup.

• Like 1

I am not for a second doubting the quality of their products, but IMO they are over priced, anyway, all that aside, this new model is causing me concern, as I'm looking to buy a new 2015 model bike, the choice is becoming quite bewildering.

Lets HOPE the TRS is a good heavy robust bike, not some fall to pieces lightweight codged out of push bike parts.

Can there be informed speculation? I would have thought it had to be either informed or speculation.

Nobody would buy the bike if it was TOO robust as it would be seen as unable to perform. The sales performance of many "club" bikes that have appeared and disappeared as rapidly shows this. As for "over priced parts", I would say that if they perform well are "trick" enough and sell then they are NOT over priced. There is a difference between Cheap and Value. Personally I go for Value and that means it has to be expensive enough to last and perform without being So expensive you mount it on the wall as an ornament

• Like 1

credit for trying definately yes just as all the others deserve credit for keeping going. I just ask myself why and how?

Triumph make a trials bike, they run a profitable business dont they?

Profitable? He builds houses too so I am not sure which business makes the most?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bloor

Edited by gizza5

The BIG questions is.. what can these new bikes offer which we do not already have on current machines? With the current variety of bikes, virtually every flavour of style and performance is covered already. What will be so special about these to get people to switch?

The BIG questions is.. what can these new bikes offer which we do not already have on current machines? With the current variety of bikes, virtually every flavour of style and performance is covered already. What will be so special about these to get people to switch?

An electrical starter button

20 years ago I might have laughed at the thought of electric start on a trials bike but now I am not so sure. I looked at as Gas Gas EC300 a few days ago and the electric start system was very neat.

As Ossa has discovered making battery free EFI can be a bit tricky.

Perhaps the time has come to ditch the bulky / weighty kickstarts and replace them with a motor and battery system. Batteries give a stable voltage that is much more suitable for electronics, cooling fans etc. Overall the addition of a battery may simplify and make more reliable bike electrics.

Many riders with worn out knees may appreciate an electric start.