Another New Forum For Another New Brand

Andy

Too be honest most of the trials population is quite old. An affordable Electric start model with upgrades to be able to purchase depending on riders needs. Have a competition model and the clubman model with accessories available.

Lets HOPE the TRS is a good heavy robust bike, not some fall to pieces lightweight codged out of push bike parts.

As the stated aims are winning competitions at the top level I guess that your wish for any kind of heavyweight bike wont be coming soon and a tenner says that it will have added weight for wtc events.

• Like 2

As the stated aims are winning competitions at the top level I guess that your wish for any kind of heavyweight bike wont be coming soon and a tenner says that it will have added weight for wtc events.

Didn't you bet me a tenner that Scorpa wouldn't last a year, about 3 years ago ?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

20 years ago I might have laughed at the thought of electric start on a trials bike but now I am not so sure. I looked at as Gas Gas EC300 a few days ago and the electric start system was very neat.

As Ossa has discovered making battery free EFI can be a bit tricky.

Perhaps the time has come to ditch the bulky / weighty kickstarts and replace them with a motor and battery system. Batteries give a stable voltage that is much more suitable for electronics, cooling fans etc. Overall the addition of a battery may simplify and make more reliable bike electrics.

Many riders with worn out knees may appreciate an electric start.

Obviously you have never tried to push start a friggin Yam XT 225 with no proper kicker mounted! How can they do this to us? Try that when you are sitting with a flipped bike in a creek!

When you suddenly find out your battery is weak after abiut two good start attempts! It dies!

Yea, they last a couple years maybe? At least if I get caught out on my Cessna I can get out and hand prop the thing! Happened more than once! Hot start on a dead 4T is not isolated to bikes!

Edited by copemech

• 9 months later...

Maybe TRS might give the other manufacturers a boot up the ass to get things right . For a start off , if it comes with a decent side stand , that will be £130.00 you wont have to spend for something that works,as opposed to something that's just plain ill thought out rubbish as on Montesa and GasGas . self destruct mudguards , (How much for a piece of plastic with no design technology whatsoever) Beta .

That's providing they get things good themselves first crack.

• 3 weeks later...