Should I Buy A 2014 Gasgas 250, Any Issues?

scorpatic

I have had a couple of racing 300's over the past couple of years, they are getting better every year.

Brakteck brakes are good, auto stand rear calliper and back wheel mounting is big improvement.

New radiator from 2013 has been a awesome.( although the fan used to jump off on high impact). No issues on the 2014 model though.

Pity they don't have a dog bone protector like the new Evo's, And the swing arm play is a little to much for my liking.

IMG_1208_zps7f530a31.jpg

Had a chat with a 2014 Owner which brought up a few extra things. The Tank is plastic so they could mould it around the engine and into the gap between the head and the carb. There seems to be a worry that the tank is a bit close to the head and under hot conditions could start to melt. Not sure how true that is but it is also close to the exhaust. The fan cowling also seems to unclip from the radiator if the area is knocked as it isn't pop riveted to the rad any more.