Failed Motoplat Ignition

suzuki250

I’ve just dug my Montesa vr250 out for a blast, only to find the motorplat stator has failed!

I have a box full of motorplat stators but they all have an arrow pointing anti-clockwise, the montesa runs clock-wise! (would it still be possible to still use one?)

Failing that has anyone ever used Bradford ignitions for a repair?

I found a replacement ignition from www.pentonracingproducts.com it is called a PVL igniion to replace motoplat. Click on the "parts listing" tab on the header. I have found older stuff for my customers there before. Item number is 80153

• 3 months later...

I’ve just dug my Montesa vr250 out for a blast, only to find the motorplat stator has failed!

I have a box full of motorplat stators but they all have an arrow pointing anti-clockwise, the montesa runs clock-wise! (would it still be possible to still use one?)

Failing that has anyone ever used Bradford ignitions for a repair?

Yes i've used them for a repair to my Pursang motoplat does the montesa one have a metal pin stuck out of it (I'm guessing its some sort of pickup trigger) as this was what was replaced on mine, they run close to the flywheel and can get damaged if the mains start to get worn.