2013 Gasgas Factory Replica Smoking

casperrasper

My 2013 ...300cc factory replica ...problem....

When I do a hill climb the bike seems to go lean and pink when I get to the top it smokes heavy for a while ..then goes ok till the next good climb ..apart from this the bike runs sweet ... ..someone told me today could be a problem with these bikes...any ideas

I presume the problem occurs when revving it to the maximum? The Problem could be one of a couple of things. Simpleiest two They are supposed to run on 98 RON fuel not standard unleaded. The Air Screw on the Kehin should be about 1.5 to 2.5 turns out the Further in the Richer it runs. However the Main Jet looks to be the probable culprit so you may need to go up slighly on the jet size.

Keihin runs better either fourth needle notch from top or with the washer supplied by splatshop under the needle clip and the clip in the third notch. Some also find 48 pilot jet is better than 45 std. Also sounds like your bike needs a clean out, may just be residual oil in the exhaust burning on a climb. If its crank seal you should notice oil level dropping week to week.

My 2013 ...300cc factory replica ...problem....

When I do a hill climb the bike seems to go lean and pink when I get to the top it smokes heavy for a while ..then goes ok till the next good climb ..apart from this the bike runs sweet ... ..someone told me today could be a problem with these bikes...any ideas

I have a 2013 / 250 factory bike and plagued with exact problem, rattle under load on hill climb (not noticed the smoke part). I have already changed to the 48 pilot, needle and splatshop washer on the second bottom position and changed to thinner needle (ggj from ggh STD?) but still the same problem. I was given a spare main jet with the bike (125) which I have not tried as yet. Not sure what size the STD main is.

Crankcase oil level not moved at any time but changed very regularly. I was brought up on two strokes and love the factory but have to admit I am for the first time tempted to try a 4RT because of this! Tried every thing other than the 3,0 slide and would not be surprised now to find Mains problem.. Few weeks ago bike started choking on idle like fuel was switched off which was transiently mitigated by use of the choke... not happy!

Could be an issue with the floats or needle valve, check the floats don't contain fuel and consider changing the needle valve, also check the float arm for bending.

It could also be worth sending off the carb to be ultrasonically cleaned to help clear any hidden debris, how much work has the bike actually done?

PS what fuel:oil ratio are you running and has this problem always existed or has it just started to happen?

Edited by jacksongee