Ossa Easy Start Kit Where To Buy In The Uk

leeporter

Hi does anyone know where I can buy the easy start kit from for the ossa in the uk I have been out on the bike again today sometimes it starts first or second kick then sometimes in takes forever to start, apart from that the bike is awesome??thanks in advance

Lee

Nigel Birkett is the Official Importer and will have the kits. Dealer Wise Colin Appleyard and Pennine Trialsport would be the nearest to me but if you look here http://www.ossauk.co.uk/?UK_Dealers then you should be able to find one.

Here are a few tips for the OSSA including how to fit the kit.

http://www.ossauk.co.uk/?Technical%26nbsp%3B%26amp%3B_Parts

Edited by telecat

I have not seen the actual kit for sale yet as the are all being used on new bikes so there are none spare, or so I was told.

If you don,t have the 9 v battery assist fitted you should definitely put one on, it is the same principal as the new easy start kit on the 2014 models and works a treat

Edited by canada280i

It's so annoying when I was riding a section today it stalled twice or should I say I stalled it twice but couldn't re start it and carry on I had to push it away prop it against a tree and kick it over it took 4 or 5 attempts sometimes more not good really,I think I,ll speak to birketts and see if they can help or supply the kit . Apart from that the bike is superb nags of power but very smooth ??

The difficult starting of some Ossas when others start more readily is difficult to explain.

The fundamental issue is that EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) components (transistors, MAP sensors, TPS sensors etc) typically need a constant 5 volts to function correctly. A fuel pump could be made to operate on AC or 5 V DC but more typically they need 12V DC.

I have not been into the generating system on an Ossa butt it is probably 4 to 6 coils which produce AC peaking at over 80 volts. This will be rectified to convert it to pulsed DC then capacitors and other electrical components will be used to try to give a near steady voltage and current suitable to drive the EFI components. Capacitors and voltage regulating components store and consume energy and this has to be built up before there is sufficient power available to drive the EFI, this is why the addition of a battery helps - it pre energises these components.

The variability between bikes may be due to varying quality of diodes (which always leak electric to some extent) or other minute causes of electric power loss such as resistance in joints or surface conductivity electron leakage.

To build an EFI system without a traditional battery and charging system is quite a feat, Honda managed it but it is likely such systems will always be quirky.

Edit - Migel Birkett importer at near Barrow in furness for battery kit 01229 716806

Edited by dadof2