Transit Custom Dciv

hughesy

Does anyone know whether the new Transit Custom DCIV ( double cab in van) LWB will take 2 trials bikes?

I know the standard custom will but I need to the 5 seats.

Any other general feedback, issues to be aware of?

Thanks

hughesy

Not much room behind mine in a swb custom so I would say you probably need a mwb at least, why not take your bike along to a dealers and see.

Be carefull with the drivers door, mind went round past the stops and did £450 damage to it!

Cracking van to drive, smooth, quiet, get the limited and it's got everything, heated seats, cruises, dab radio, fuel isn't good though at resent, hoping it improves as mine gets more miles on though.

Not much room behind mine in a swb custom so I would say you probably need a mwb at least, why not take your bike along to a dealers and see.

Be carefull with the drivers door, mind went round past the stops and did £450 damage to it!

Cracking van to drive, smooth, quiet, get the limited and it's got everything, heated seats, cruises, dab radio, fuel isn't good though at resent, hoping it improves as mine gets more miles on though.

Cheers, Dealers are useless up here! Firstly the commercial sales only work Monday to Friday which mean staking time off work and nobody ( tried 3 dealers) has a LWB DCIV in to try.

Looking to run one as a company car so I can get rid of my van & existing company car, so MPG will be a big consideration and will need 40mpg to make it viable.

I'll need to try a bigger dealer in Glasgow.

At the moment 40mpg seems impossible but mine's only got 4000 miles on it, and I do a lot of short journeys in town, but even on a steady motorway run at 75 I'm only getting 35 - 37, mine is the 155hp though. My old Mk7 140hp was better on fuel, regularly 35mpg and 40 on a run. The custom is much much better to drive and use though!

Lot of imformation on here

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=65&sid=c56d4de735d9a2d02a4f8a214ec6cf5e

Join the forum and put a post up about distance from the back of the rear seats to back door, I'll measure the gap from the back of my bike to the rear doors on sunday, I sit mine with the wheels straight whereas if you turn the wheel it will give you more room.

I tried a Vito Sport and Renault Traffic etc before buying mine and it was by far the best of the lot, especially for the price!!

• Like 1

Thanks again, had a quick look at the forum, there's 5 pages of tales of lower than expected MPG. That said, my passat doesn't achieve anything like advertised either!

According to the brochure the LWB DCIV Max load length is 1944mm dropping to 1906 at 1.2M bulkhead height so a trials bike on lock should be OK but my KTM EXCF is going to be too long.

Like you say a trip to a dealer is going to be the only way to find out for sure, I'm not giving up yet!

Cheers.