To Buy A 4-Stroke

nige02

Hi All,

I've been riding for nearly 4 years now, and getting to an above average clubman rider. I'm currently riding a gas gas and am thinking of getting a new bike. I was going to get another gas gas, but recently had a go of my friends montesa repsol (2014) and I was smitten! I had never considered a 4-stroke, but after riding this bike, it has really put a spanner in the works!!!

I am really happy with my progress on the gas gas, will getting a 4-stroke set me back in my progression?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers Richard.

Hi All,

I've been riding for nearly 4 years now, and getting to an above average clubman rider. I'm currently riding a gas gas and am thinking of getting a new bike. I was going to get another gas gas, but recently had a go of my friends montesa repsol (2014) and I was smitten! I had never considered a 4-stroke, but after riding this bike, it has really put a spanner in the works!!!

I am really happy with my progress on the gas gas, will getting a 4-stroke set me back in my progression?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers Richard.

It is an individual thing so hard to tell how you will go. Sure the 4RT is one of the most reliable and overall cost effective units available, mine has given over 6 years totally trouble free service with only parts being what I have broken in get offs (and mostly has survived all of those). I came from years of the older two strokes and adapted straight away and have never looked back, however they are different from a modern 2T. Little bit heavier but if you are fit that is not an issue at Clubbies level and offset by the easy starting and stable handling. Haven't yet ridden the new 260 but by all reports the transition from 2T may be a little easier with the revised engine set up. If you got on ok on first ride then you will have no problems, I struggled with my 05 originally for the first month but then it was up a class and onwards. Good Luck which ever way you choose to go.