Sad Day For Montesa Fans

Andy

I know Montesa have history, I'm sure it will continue as trialsrfun has said, but Honda also have great history in trials. Also it has to be said, Montesa may well have fallen to the wayside, years ago, if Honda hadn't stepped in when they did.

I know Montesa have history, I'm sure it will continue as trialsrfun has said, but Honda also have great history in trials. Also it has to be said, Montesa may well have fallen to the wayside, years ago, if Honda hadn't stepped in when they did.

The Montesa name and Logo might of dissappeared years ago but there would always of been hope that it could be ressurected. with Honda owning the rights to the name I doubt that we will ever see the name re used on any brand or model again :(

I would love to be proved wrong but for now its VIVA the departed :icon_salut:

The press release on the front page says they "will be using the Montesa Cota 4RT"....so that's clear then isn't it?

Yeah, thought that myself, but strict instructions received that they are to be referred to as Repsol Honda Team, no Montesa.

About time, since Honda bought Montesa, every bike has been a HRC Honda, the factory the bikes are built in is a Honda factory, the only part that has Montesa on it, is the Montesa Decals, everything else is Honda. The only difference between this year and last, is no one will be pretending there Montesa's anymore.

Hopefully the 2015 model will be a Honda RTL, in HRC colours.

Montesa has a great history, but they would almost certainly have disappeared if it hadn't been bought by Honda.

• Like 2

Within the next couple of weeks I'm going to be treating myself to a new montesa 4RT.... sorry "Honda" 4RT 2014, I've just read that Honda have put 100% increase on parts for the 4RT! Have I read that's just for pre 2014 bikes or across the board? if it is across the spares list would kill me a little inside but this may change my mind and may push me towards buying a different bike with cheaper spares...

Within the next couple of weeks I'm going to be treating myself to a new montesa 4RT.... sorry "Honda" 4RT 2014, I've just read that Honda have put 100% increase on parts for the 4RT! Have I read that's just for pre 2014 bikes or across the board? if it is across the spares list would kill me a little inside but this may change my mind and may push me towards buying a different bike with cheaper spares...

If that's true Will, that would be Honda UK, so we'll all be buying from Spain. You don't need that many spare parts for a Honda anyway, so go on, treat yourself ;0)

Ps. Did you get the same text as me ;0)

Edited by jj65
  • Like 1

Yep Montesa has been a Honda with Montesa stickers for years.

But maybe with the "name change" we could see Honda 4RT Trials bikes in the USA Honda dealerships????

(It would be good for the sport but I still won't buy one of those overpriced heavy lumps)