Works Majesty

ksmith

Thanks so much for the images and observations. They're fascinating, and add to the history of TYs and Majesty.

Did you get a colour match for the Majesty yellow before you had the frame blasted? I'd like to have an authentic colour reference as I've just obtained a TY175 with what I believe to be a Majesty frame. Like yours it has yellow under silver, though I haven't yet exposed enough to do a colour match. Any comments gratefully received...

Hi jesb

No sorry I don't know what the exact colour is, I do know that the Majesty tanks and frames where powder coated by a firm in Manchester. I think you should ask the same question as a new topic, I'm sure that's lots of forum members will have the answer.

Kevin.

Kevin, thanks, I'll do that. And when I get round to dismantling the bike in question, for re-painting, I'll get a colour sample done and post it here. Incidentally, I recently asked Paul Cowley, of Shedworks, what shade of yellow he uses for the TY replica parts he makes. He told me he uses RAL1003, which is also known as Signal Yellow. John

• 7 years later...
On 6/24/2014 at 12:21 PM, jesb said:

Thanks so much for the images and observations. They're fascinating, and add to the history of TYs and Majesty.

Did you get a colour match for the Majesty yellow before you had the frame blasted? I'd like to have an authentic colour reference as I've just obtained a TY175 with what I believe to be a Majesty frame. Like yours it has yellow under silver, though I haven't yet exposed enough to do a colour match. Any comments gratefully received...

Hi  all  I have this bike now , its not got the works engine & 6 months investigation its not john bike  but its been restored now & will be in the tmx soon  stu

• Like 1