Beta Techno

griff666

I have a beta techno and it has play in the flywheel in and out about 2/3 mm will this cause the probs im haven / running backwards /harsh kickback /missfire ... Now the bike wont start popping and banging but wont start. any help thanks lee ?

no in and out wont cause it ,it will sit lower to the back as shaft is tapered , i think you need to determine if key still ok ,then mark flywheel to casing at tdc and using a strobe light check the timing ( get help if no experience ) then if thats ok get a compression test done if thats ok check reeds and maybe replace crank seals if all looks ok ,, have you tried disconnecting kill switch

The faces on flywheel are fine the key i removed last was a nightmare and also the new one was a nitemare to re install tight fit but run fine forfew hours then started to missfire tonight now ive cleaned all connections . And gt85 everything ill try the grinding paste see if that will make a diff thanks

You say the flywheel is moving in and out 2/3 mm. Do you mean the flywheel is loose on the crankshaft?

Or do you mean the flywheel and crank are moving in and out that far with no play between the crank and flywheel?

If flywheel is loose on the crank, keys will break. Are threading the nut on fully and using proper torque? Most bikes have a washer between the flywheel and nut. If that is missing, the nut may bottom on the threads and still not clamp the flywheel.

If the flywheel is tight and there is no play between that and the crank, yet the whole thing moves in and out, it sounds like you need new main bearings. Bad crank bearings will ruin crank seals and make the bike run poorly.

• Like 1