Evo300 4T - Fan Won't Run, Help Needed To Diagnose

mike_dowson

At a trial yesterday, my 2010 Evo 300 4T was overheating and when I checked the fan, it was running very slowly with the bike at idle and when I revved it, the fan stopped completely. When the bike cooled down, the fan didn't start to run, which implies to me that the thermostat is OK. The fan can also be turned freely and there is no noise coming from it.

Before the trial, I had removed the small covers on the frame to polish it, but I checked again and the wires don't seem to be trapped or damaged.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose it or do I just need to buy a new fan assembly?

Thanks

Hi i have a Beta Evo 4t and I had the same/similar problem last year, when I revved the engine it did not pick up properly and the fan stopped. It turned out to be the capacitor which is wrapped in the tape in the wiring harness just under the frame left hand side near the carb top. Its a pain to get too but if this capacitor has blown like mine had, its 60p fix. PS this capactor is effectively the battery for the bike.

Just had the exact same problem with our 2010 evo 4t, Fan and electronic fuel tap wouldn't work, Discovered that it was down to the capacitor in the wiring loom, They cost about £1.00! You can get them from Maplin or eBay the one you need is a 4700uf 25V, Or you can use a higher voltage. As said above it is basically a battery

post-6577-0-52262400-1398708785_thumb.jpg

Edited by benbeta23