Opportunity To Buy A Txt 280 Pro W/broken Eng Support

gabrielbps

Hello guys,

First of all, this is my first post in here, tks letting me in :)

I've been riding dirt bikes for a few years and an opportunity to buy this GG with the engine support has appear to me. It will be for a good price, but I'm a bit affraid with this.

Do you guys think this will be a serious matter? Is it posible to weld this?

post-19906-0-62781900-1398884348_thumb.jpg

as long as it is just the enginme mount bracket and not the lug on the crankicase itself that is broken, and assuminmg you are getting a stellar deal because of the issue, then yes, I would buy it and have it welded

by the pictures and what the seller is informing, yes this the only damage on the bike. he's taking 2k from the prize of the bike, our prices in Brazil cannot be compared to the price you pay, but I can say this is one is for a good price.

what other details should I look for? the bike is almost 1000 miles away from, I'll request more pictures, but need to know what to look.

tks!

Make sure that's the only thing that's damaged on that bike. They could have been riding a while with that crack before they noticed it, and done more damage.

which details should I look for? I'll ask for more pics, need to know what I should ask...

thanks guys!

which details should I look for? I'll ask for more pics, need to know what I should ask...

thanks guys!

In this case look at the other engine mounting brackets on the frame and on the engine.

But if it's GasGas that's a few years old also check other places on the frame for cracks, especially the welds around the headset and swing arm.

If it's got Formula clutch and brake master cylinders be sure they're in perfect working order.

And spend some time reading topics on this GasGas forum, you'll learn a lot that way