Beta Evo 300 4T: Known Issues, Common Problems, Things To Look For?

sherconoob

Well my son had a 2015 Beta 300 4t that he loved and he had all the trick bits on it. He sold it and bought a 2018 Trrs 300. Did not get along with it and wanted another Beta. I told him his mechanic is not working on another Beta 4t carb. He bought a leftover Montesa 300 rr cheap. He is happy and so is his mechanic (dad).

On 11/3/2022 at 9:09 PM, lineaway said:

Well my son had a 2015 Beta 300 4t that he loved and he had all the trick bits on it. He sold it and bought a 2018 Trrs 300. Did not get along with it and wanted another Beta. I told him his mechanic is not working on another Beta 4t carb. He bought a leftover Montesa 300 rr cheap. He is happy and so is his mechanic (dad).

It's been a while since I had my Beta 4T. I can't remember now why I had to remove the carb several times, but it was a PITA although it did get easier with practice (and I was getting too much practice!). Once I got it sorted though, there was little reason to remove it again. I wouldn't see it as a deal-breaker.

• 1 year later...
On 11/1/2022 at 11:50 PM, 2004Montesa said:

I really like 4-strokes for the low end torque, quietness and no need to mix gas and oil.  Would you say the carb issues would justify going with the fuel injected Montesa 4-stroke bike? Or does a Montesa have its own set of issues? Does anyone else make a 4-stroke trials bike these days besides Yamaha?

My 2-stroke Montesa has been relatively trouble free for the several years I've had it. It's just ridiculously hard to start when it's cold. When the bike is warm it's a one kick deal all the time, but if it sits for a few hours it sometimes takes 20 to 30 kicks to start. Aside from that, it's quite dependable for a 18 year old bike.

Would you say Montesas are still that dependable? Do you think a 4-stroke Beta would last that long?

I have a 2009 evo 300 4t n it runs perfect.. thats 15 yr old.

Thank you scratcher! I was able to purchase a 2013 Evo 250 RT in 01/2023. I love the bike. It turns much tighter than my Montesa and had a learning curve. The power is constant and linear and it's a bit lighter than the Cota as well. It starts with 1 or 2 kicks all the time.