Shell Advance Racing M

t0m541

I have been reading through the various threads on here about the choices of pre-mix oils, Castrol, Putoline etc..

But I have found no mention of the Shell offering.

It's a castor based fully synthetic in much the same vein as the others...

Has anyone tried it ??

Is it worth trying, it say's on the info that it's for high stressed 2 stroke, not suitable for day to day usage...though doesn't say why..

Probably the castor smell ;-)

Maybe it will have the same effect as Castrol A747 in trial bikes:

Castrol A747 is a CASTOR/SYNTHETIC engine oil specifically designed for use in highly stressed, high performance, 2-stroke engines

Castrol A747 is recommended only for very high performance two-stroke engines. If used in lower performance, lower revving engines, excessive deposit formation may result.

Advance Racing M is castor based designed for use in engines using Methanol as a fuel.

I used to use it (because I had a few bottles that were given to me and it was fine but if i were choosing to BUY oil I'd go with something more 'mainstream'. I always think that as Putoline pretty much only make motorcycle oils, they are likely to know what they're doing...

It will work fine.

If you have to borrow fuel from someone else (different oil) you should throw the mixed fuel away at then end of the trial.

Castor oil goes off after a few days once mixed with petrol

It will leave more deposits than a trials synthetic or scooter oil.