Pre 65 Scottish Results

cub200

Am I missing something or am I correct in thinking its Sunday morning and still there are no results posted on any website for what is described as the premier Pre 65 event in the world.

Over the last 12 months organisers have been promising to improve communications etc etc, well how about putting some results up guys n gals, there are a lot of people who were following the trial from long distance and overseas.

You manage to get the daily results up and rolling for the SSDT before the end of that days competion so why is it so different to the Pre 65 event.

Yes, you are correct, I didn't get a ride this year or last year !!

• Like 1

The Pre-65 trial is run by a small team of volunteers. The results are announced at the presentation on the Saturday evening and only after that do they become public information. The volunteers have a lot of work to do clearing out the community centre where the presentation is held, and then they can think about getting some rest after rather a lot of hard work.

I personally got my head down in the van last night just before midnight after being on the go since 6am. I got up at 4.30 am and have just driven 150 miles to get home. After kissing my wife and patting my dog the first thing I have done is post the results to the Facebook page. I would post a link but links to Facebook are not allowed on this forum. Typing Pre-65 Scottish in Facebook should find it.

I would like to say I am terribly sorry that we have been unable to satisfy you in your demand for quick results. But I can't as I'm not. We do our best, and when I get up tomorrow at 5am to go to work at my real job, the one I get paid to do, It shall be safe in the knowledge that you can't please everyone. ;)

Edited by firedfromthecircus
  • Like 7

All clubs large and small are run by volunteers and as an organiser and official I know the hard work that goes into putting on an event and issuing results.

All I'm saying that with todays technology, and you use it for the full SSDT as I have already pointed out, you could have rolling results starting Friday afternoon rather than Sunday morning.

You have supposedly the best Pre 65 event anywhere, use the existing facilities to satisfy impatient devils like me.

Cheers

The 2014 Trial is done and dusted and by all accounts so far, a great time was had by (nearly) all. Congratulations to all the riders who finished and in particular the special prize winners.

The Oldest Finisher- Jock McComisky
Best up to 200cc- David Thorpe
Best 201-250cc- Murray Whittaker
Best 251-350cc- Andrew Paxton
Best over 350cc- Colin Bailey
Best Rigid over 250cc- Mark Watmore
Best Rigid up to 250cc- Keith Wells
Best Over 60yo- Yrjo Vesterinen
Best Scottish Rider- Leslie Winthrop
Best Newcomer- Stuart Blythe
Best Foreign Rider- Mark Harris

And the top three.

3rd Place- With 4 marks lost- Richard Allen
2nd Place- Also with 4 marks lost- Phil Houghton

And the winner of the 2014 Pre-65 Scottish Trial- With a loss of 2 marks- Robert Bowyer.

• Like 1

Mairi here, ex-SSDT Secretary! Every year the p65 team get results to me in the SSDT office right after the presentation and I post them to the SSDT site for you all straight away.

This year they did exactly the same - the problem was that I no longer have access to the site to update it so you couldn't get your results as fast as normal. I sent them straight to the SSDT team to post instead but as they were out in the Parc Ferme running (and clearing up after) their Welcome Ceilidh they couldn't put them online until the wee small hours this morning.

I'm sorry I couldn't do more, but rest assured the P65 Team DID use the existing facilities in an attempt to appease self-confessed impatient fools. It wasn't their fault - they did everything they normally do, it was the fact that I no longer look after the website that caused the delay.

The SSDT team is all new this year and they will be finding their feet in terms of all the wee jobs that happened automatically in the past. Cut then a wee bit of slack if you can! ?

• Like 6

Thats you done now in the ballot next year Cub, they dinna like folk that critisise....

Totally unfair comment Metisse - you'll be lucky if you find one member of the P65 committee that even looks at TC, and even if they did, they're decent folk that work all year to give you guys your trial.

Believe me, they've got far more important things to worry about than weeding out anybody that throws a slack comment their way. Hell, if they did that, they wouldn't be able to fill the trial - everyone's keen to throw stones, but not so many willing to give up their time and money to help out. A wee bit of respect for those who do wouldn't go amiss.

Besides, Cub did nothing wrong - his comments were fair based on the information he had. I responded purely to explain hat the committee had done everything they normally do....no mean feat with the connectivity problems in Kinlochleven, let me tell you! :)

• Like 5

I agree his comments were fair, so to label him and anybody else who might think getting the results out a little sharper an impatient fool is also a little uncalled for. My comment was more tongue in cheek than serious ,but then......

It was actually impatient devil (prefixed with self-confessed, as he'd called himself the same in his own post) but I was typing it on my phone in my rush to defend the hard-working P65 crew and it auto-corrected. Absolutely no insult intended, not the way I work, although I am regularly tempted. :)

And my apologies if your comments weren't meant, but having seen the same digs many times before at the same dedicated crew of volunteers, hopefully you'll understand if some of us take it personally.

Edited by highland lassie

Andy, thats a "smart" comment to throw in about volunteering to be their results manager !!!!, I've probably set more sections and done more sets of results than you've had hot dinners !

At least Highland Lassie accepted that I had a valid point and it opened up discussion that explained the delay and will possibly serve to improve the system in future.

• Like 3

Should never make assumptions. 13 years as results manager for the SSDT was how I got involved in the sport in the first place, hence like HL, I get very defensive of those who put in the time and effort. Back then folk just either queued outside the results room or waited for TMX as there wasn't really an internet to speak of to whinge on.

• Like 1

Congratulations Robert what a result a brilliant ride. I could not make it to the trial this year due to pressure of work, was your dad on pit crew duty? I looked out for him at Stafford but our paths did not cross.

Edited by trialsrfun
  • Like 1