What Adult Classes Are There In The Uk

eviljim

Locally in Yorkshire there are the Clubman and the Centre Gradings. You only are graded if you compete on the Hard course at Centre Trials.

The Grades are Expert. They generally finish in the top 15% in the Centre Trials at least three times during a year. Intermediates in the top 30% three times. The Novice class is for new riders, and those who finish outside those criteria. Generally once you are in a class above novice you stay there for three years unless you move up. Experts not maintaining their status drop to Inter before dropping to Novice.

Usually there is also the Clubman class split into Adult, Over 40 and Over 50. These are riders who do not ride the main course due to inexperience, injury or age. There is usually a Harder course for the better Clubman these days it's a 50/50 with the Hard course but others a seperate course is laid

At Club Trial level these grades are kept and an Easier Clubman B course is usually plotted.

Novice Beginners are really for Clubmen and Beginners so are not that hard. Again though most have a A and B course for Clubmen.

Other Centres do it differently.

Wow that was a complicated answer, you lost me there and I have been riding a while.

Down south ,we have , Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, expert and expert elite,.

If you are not riding for an award, it really doesn't matter what class you ride. Start at the bottom and work your way up.

If you can ride a bike, you can do beginner route. The best thing to do is go and watch something near to you, (ANDY, I think every one should have to state where in the world they are) and see what level you are at. I often hear people say that they are not good enough to ride in competition. That's Rubbish!!

Have A go!!

TLTEL

Cheers,

I am getting ahead of myself, I have only ridden a trials bike twice and that belongs to my brother. Really enjoyed it though and there is a brilliant place to ride very close to me. trying to see what I can sell to generate the money needed, don't want to sell my enduro bike.

I am one on those people who likes to understand as much as I can.

I am a "Novice". I took up trials as a hobby about 9 months ago. I have entered a trial every week for the last 6 months or so. So, I have now ridden in over 25 club trials in the south west and so have reached the following conclusions about the "Novice" sections of many trials meetings.

"Novice" sections can vary in difficulty by a huge amount between different clubs and meetings, varying from nearly un-ridable and dangerous sections for a novice, such as those set out on a very steep hily field recently, to sections that are challenging, but still achievable and safe, with real differentiation between the different levels. I suspect that sections which are really hard and potentially dangerous for "Novice" riders were probably set out, with the best of intentions, by experienced Clubman or Expert riders, who have long forgotten what it was like to be a "Novice" rider. Therefore, a "Novice" section at one meet may require a totally different level of skill, to a "Novice" section at another meet.

However, I have noticed that some clubs, Somerton and District for instance, have "Novice" sections that are consistently achievable and safe.

Edited by stpauls