Respect To Dougie

johnnyboxer

Great 8th win, by a decent points margin too

What a result, for a guy who doesn't ride Trials every week, compete in the british Championship or ride WTC anymore

Even more of an achievement, in my book

Pleasant chap, very down to earth at the sections and in Parc Ferme too

Loved the SSDT, first visit for me this year and looking forward to next year already

All the riders did brillaintly :icon_salut:

• Like 3

Indeed, I dont ride anymore but still follow the results, World rounds and local club level. I attend Sheffield arena yearly.

This man is a credit to trials and I was so happy to see him win again.

For me he's still the best of them all, the GOAT. Until Toni Bou or any of the rest can rack up 8 SSDTs, 4 Scotts and however many national champs of whatever country as well as at least 12 World titles they're not even close. He was never headed this week and confidence was oozing out of him on Monday, great win! just another wee comment, though Doug and Dibs especially showed a huge amount of class posing for that pic with the Champagne at the end; real sportsmen.....

• Like 2

Doug was awesome................very strong in his riding and mentally when I watched him

He placed the wheels perfectly and to lose marks on only 6 sections out of something like 180 odd sections over 6 days is some feat

His margin of score, made little difference to the Grey Mare's tail controversy too and hats to the observer of that section - he did a fantastic job, in difficult weather, high water levels and faced with a myriad of different riders

The Observer is a class act, as they all were

For me he's still the best of them all, the GOAT. Until Toni Bou or any of the rest can rack up 8 SSDTs, 4 Scotts and however many national champs of whatever country as well as at least 12 World titles they're not even close. He was never headed this week and confidence was oozing out of him on Monday, great win! just another wee comment, though Doug and Dibs especially showed a huge amount of class posing for that pic with the Champagne at the end; real sportsmen.....

For me the most world Championships decides whos best out of them all

For me the most world Championships decides whos best out of them all

I know this has been disgused ad infinitem but for me trials is soooooo much than a series for half a dozen blokes and we know you don't like the guy. REAL trials what happens every weekend and trials like the Scott/SSDT not the short laps of WTC, the cosseted environment of minders and team trucks a mile or so away should the flat a tyre or break a nail......... Dougie will always be the GOAT in my eyes... (till whichever next Lampkin come along to eclipse Doug ;) )

• Like 1

Its a bit like rugby you like union i like league both use the same ball and pitch but quite different game.

All round Dougie is and always will be the best. He has won everything, more than once!

But to achieve what Bou has done for so long with so much dominance is another best. Because he hasnt ridden the scott and the ssdt doesnt mean he isnt as good just one day he should prove it.

• Like 5

I like both league and Union and have played both...;0)

Not going to argue with what you've said Dabster, it's bang on. What Toni can do on a bike is mind blowing but he needs to prove he can ride the other stuff

What Toni can do on a bike is mind blowing but he needs to prove he can ride the other stuff

For 6 straight days

For up to 8 hours a day

For up 70 miles from Parc Ferme

Sometimes........... in torrential rain, all day and riding in white water

Then he'll be a true Trials allrounder..............just like Dougie Lampkin

Dougie has out performed at

WTC, both indoors and out

Scott Trial

SSDT