4Rt Replacement Fuel Pump (Reasonably Priced)

dfwilson

I just bought a 2005 4RT which is great. Yesterday I went to the local Honda/Yamaha/Husaberg/Beta shop to get a part for my vintage 74 TY250 and noticed a 4RT sitting in the service department. The service manager said that the fuel pump was bad and wondered if I knew where to get one. Honda/Montesa are doing a poor job of supplying parts here in the states. I have searched the forums and and the internet and have not found a reasonable "walk into the auto parts store" replacement for the 4RT fuel pump. I would like to see this bike fixed for a reasonable cost as trials riding mates are hard to come by in South West Colorado. Has anyone tried the H and D Racing light weight pump? http://handdracing.com/page2.htm

Thanks in advance

DFW

I just bought a 2005 4RT which is great. Yesterday I went to the local Honda/Yamaha/Husaberg/Beta shop to get a part for my vintage 74 TY250 and noticed a 4RT sitting in the service department. The service manager said that the fuel pump was bad and wondered if I knew where to get one. Honda/Montesa are doing a poor job of supplying parts here in the states. I have searched the forums and and the internet and have not found a reasonable "walk into the auto parts store" replacement for the 4RT fuel pump. I would like to see this bike fixed for a reasonable cost as trials riding mates are hard to come by in South West Colorado. Has anyone tried the H and D Racing light weight pump? http://handdracing.com/page2.htm

Thanks in advance

DFW

The H & D lightweight fuel is great, but only if you have the Future or Mitani fuel tank base, as it most likely won't fit in the standard steel fuel pump mount, without major modification.

• Like 1

As I recall, Mike Carlton can replace the fuel pump if you send the bad fuel pump assembly for a lot less than replacing the whole assembly. You can find his contact information on the Central Arizona Trials website under "CAT Officers."

• Like 1