Cotswold Bsa Frame

wallo

Hi I have a Cotwold BSA which used belong to Martyn Wilmore I think. I wasn't aware of any others. But Jon Bliss would be the guy that would know if he built others, or even build you a new one. Paul Bpost-19721-0-43799600-1400700760_thumb.jpg

Edited by balco
  • Like 3

Hi,

If you look in my Offroad Archive section at the postings on 'Different BSAs' you will find plenty of details about the Cotswold Bsa, which were all the creation of John 'Hubbo' Husband and not Jon Bliss but Tony Davies. Jon did occasionally ride one of the BSAs, probably Hubbo's own current model, because Hubbo would get all the bits together, build one up, ride it for a while to make sure all was well and then sell it.

I have plenty of images of them all in action - better yet, they were all friends of mine when I lived in the Cotswolds.

I am enclosing an image of Johnny Draper, who was persuaded back into action for a ride in the Bonanza at Sallywood Farm, and borrowed John Husband's current bike for the day.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-40451400-1400743018_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

• 6 months later...

attachicon.gifCotswold 350 Yamaha.jpg

Cotswold Yamaha TY250 twin shock fitted with an XT350 engine.

I remember this bike on display in the shop at Gloucester in 1982/3 and is now owned by Stratford Club member Dave Moy.

Looks more like a mono frame to me. Might have been converted to two shocks but deffo NOT a TY250 twinshock frame.

Hy Guy's,

Look the trouble is with "Cotswold" stuff there was, and is  two camps!!

When "Hubbo" was still with us, the "Cotswold BSA " at that time was mainly his shout.

Although they worked together, there is a difference between  what Hubbo put out, and what Jon Bliss did,and does.

Both first class bike builders and characters with a total different image.

"Hubbo" worked a lot with Roger Taylor on his bikes, and Roger still builds super BSA engines.

Jon likes to do his own thing, and who can blame him, or criticise what the guy builds, I do the same, and if we want to build what we want to build, what is the problem.

What does happen, is that mainly Jon ,comes up with some brilliant concepts, and they work, and for a price that scares the opposition, so they think it great sport to have a Pop at him.Why? because it his harming there commercial gain.

This sort of thing only depresses Great ideas that could save the "Classic Trials Scene", but what do we care????

Well I do for one, and I will always build what I need to build, to keep the "Otter" flag flying, as this is a part of British trials History.

It also comes from the "Cotswolds". 

Regards Charlie.

• Like 1

Hi,

For anyone interested in some facts, I am collecting a few more images together from the archive ready to tell the story of the train driver from Gloucester who made motorcycles in his spare time - as told to me sitting in his front room many moons ago - yes, the 'Red-haired Rocket' (Hubbo to lots of people) will be featured in ORRe very shortly.

Deryk Wylde

• Like 1