200 Cota Chain Slipper

29markt

Hi, should there be a rubber slipper that goes over the swing arm to protect it? Had a look at the parts diagram but it doesn't show one fitted, or should a chain tensioner (if fitted) raise the chain above the swing arm?

Thanks,

Mark

They had chain tubes when new that kept the chain off the swinging arm and no tensioner. I made my own slipper and fitted a universal tensioner from Trialsbits

Thanks ikb, saw on the parts drawing they had tubes originally, was thinking of fitting, but seem hard to get along with the brackets!! Where did you mount your tensioner? behind casing or from the swing arm on a welded bracket???? Cheers

sorry to put you right ian but they did come with tensioners maybe the very first ones never , it was mounted to one of the engine casing bolts under front sprocket , but if the chain came off it would tend to bend the bolt cracking the casing so folk would remove them , i have mounted them on the lower engine mount bracket but if you were to go over a tree trunk and bottom it out it could bend it , i think the ty idea would be best mounted to swing arm

sorry to put you right ian but they did come with tensioners maybe the very first ones never , it was mounted to one of the engine casing bolts under front sprocket , but if the chain came off it would tend to bend the bolt cracking the casing so folk would remove them , i have mounted them on the lower engine mount bracket but if you were to go over a tree trunk and bottom it out it could bend it , i think the ty idea would be best mounted to swing arm

I think those tensioners were after market ones as I had 2 new 200's in the olden days...... We can talk about it in the rain tomorrow