2013 Jetting

mexmex

Hi

One Cabastany Replica 2013 and the other 3.0 as well 2013.

Normally we are riding at very high altitude (11,000' = 3600m) and we got a nice and clean setup for this condition.

Next week we have our 1st national, which will be held in the north at 800m and I don't have any idea which jetting will work. Normally I would just try but as this is very remote place, we are flying over (shipping the bikes in truck), and I will have very little time to setup the bike if any. So any base line will be greatly appriciated!

Cheers!

With a drop in altitude from 3600m to 800m you can expect to richen your jetting by between 9% and 3% the exact amount depending on temperature and humidity. 1 to 2 numbers on the jet size per 1000 ft is not a bad starting point.

I think Honda use to have some tables on this in their 2T MX bike manuals if you can find someone with one.

Where is this ride in the north? Not that I intend to take a leisure drive across the border to watch!

Cola de Caballo ("Horse ass" :hyper: ) which is around 40 km south to Monterrey.

Never been there before but the locals say its just unbeliavble with amazing ride out of the hotel.

• 1 month later...

What is the jetting you use at 11,000'? I am riding the UTE Cup trials next month and we start at 11,200'. I have a 2013 300 and I'm not sure what jetting to start with.

Thanks Haydn