Got Dog Turds?

copemech

• 2 months later...

Back in 2003 I went to Sams club (big box warehouse for those who aren't merican). I decided that it was a good day to put four new tires on the trials rig. So loaded up the shopping cart with four new shoes. I went to the counter, paid for them, and proceeded to wheel them over to the installation area. I had to give them the keys to the car and wala about one hour later the high school kid finally got my car back on the road.

I had just left college and before that i worked for three years in an audi vw dealership. As low man on the totem pole i had my fare share of tire installs.

I get in the car and drive about 30 meters down from the said big bulk stores and realize that there is something horribly wrong. I have a massive vibration. I can't even reach 50 kph.

I turn around and indicate to said high school kid that there is something wrong. My car goes back on a lift and they start the investigation. It became obvious when one of the rear wheels starts rocks back and fourth pretty easily. He removes the tire and puts it on a balancer. He spins, adds weight, spins, adds weight, spins, adds weight.... well thats about the time i ask if i can help. Very agressive this minimum wage kid indicates if i can do it better go for it. I remove the pound and a half of random weight and ask what he left in the wheel.

He laughed at me and indicated that its my pos German car that's the issue. I proceed to ask to use the tire removal and low and behold we find a dead pigeon in the tire..... Ummmm we were all taken back. In Sams club they store the tires like any other but the only thing we could come up with was that it had died and none of us had caught it. Me loading the tires in the cart, lady who checked me out, nor high school kid who installed them.

To put icing on the cake we put the pigeon into the, road hazard sales pitch bucket. However gross it was a defining moment my ruined afternoon.

If they love that jeep or dodge then they should put that lock on a bridge in Europe. (google that if you need to know more) :)

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...