I Know Im Addicted To Trials When....

mokwepa

This might be a fun one....., no wives allowed! !! :)

I sold my home built, water cooled goped, cost me a few thousand ZAR........ to pay for gas to get to my next event :).....1800km round trip

Lets here it......?

Edited by mokwepa

You are hooked when every where you drive all you see is the next rock you want to ride. The greatest section ever, or the greatest place to live to ride trials!. Also when you have trials parts in every vehicle, the garage, your office, bedroom and anywhere else that you spend time at. My pockets are another place.

Unfortunately for my wife our anniversary always fell on the weekend of our 1st event of the year. She found out quickly about my first (only) love.

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 1

You are hooked when every where you drive all you see is the next rock you want to ride. The greatest section ever, or the greatest place to live to ride trials!. Also when you have trials parts in every vehicle, the garage, your office, bedroom and anywhere else that you spend time at. My pockets are another place.

Unfortunately for my wife our anniversary always fell on the weekend of our 1st event of the year. She found out quickly about my first (only) love.

All I see when I drive somewhere is sections on the side of the road ... and often my non-trials riding passengers are now spotting sections for me too. Nice :-)

Edited by stkman
  • Like 2

When you house is so full of mannequins dressed in retro trials clothing that friends get shocked at every corner

When your living room had a bike as centre piece .

When your wife is so used to it quite likes it and no longer moans at 4 holidays a year to Spain + more ref trials .

When you have more bikes than days in the month and have only ridden 10 of them

• Like 1

When you house is so full of mannequins dressed in retro trials clothing that friends get shocked at every corner

When your living room had a bike as centre piece .

When your wife is so used to it quite likes it and no longer moans at 4 holidays a year to Spain + more ref trials .

When you have more bikes than days in the month and have only ridden 10 of them

Ok....you win :)

Man, that must be nice!

When I go practice riding on Mother's day. (wife didn't seem to mind either)

When my Father's day present from wife and kids is to go riding.

When my kids plan their birthday parties around my trials events.

When I sell 3 motorcycles in order to buy a newer trials bike.

When it is middle of winter and 10F (-12C) and all your riding buddies meet at a no-heat, windowless building to practice riding.

• Like 1

When you fall asleep in the garage thinking about what needs doing next to the bike

When your wife suggests that for the family day out I take the bike and drop them off at the ice cream farm while I go play just up the road...

When you know that it is hissing down with rain so you go riding just to practice in the most slippy mud known to man.

• Like 1

( When you know that it is hissing down with rain so you go riding just to practice in the most slippy mud known to man.)

In the dry southwest we bring 5 gallon buckets to carry our water to make the mud to compete back east!

Your recently trials bike addicted wife says … this June long weekend lets hit our favourite trials ground and camp there for 3 days and nights!!

I said "Sure thing!"

I rang property and booked a site… asked guy what was temp for last year (June is our winter) he says Minus 8 deg Celsius!!!! Holy Crap!!!

I says to wife are you sure it may be minus 8 deg… our fridge freezer is only minus 12 deg!!????

She says Yep lets go!!! And she hates the cold!!

We have it bad!!!! What sane person leaves a beautiful fire in his lounge room for a tent and trials bike! For 3 frigging freezing days!

Mags

• Like 1

( When you know that it is hissing down with rain so you go riding just to practice in the most slippy mud known to man.)

In the dry southwest we bring 5 gallon buckets to carry our water to make the mud to compete back east!

In the East they take heat guns and generators to dry up the mud, to practice competing out Southwest............... :D

• 4 weeks later...

When i look at my dog sleeping on the driveway and think i'd have to double-blip to get over that.

Now that's funny! Hehehehehe Being a noob I'd have to own a chihuahua... to go over!!! Still might need a vet after an attempt!!!

Mags