Wtc Championships

The WTC (World Trials Canada) Eastern Canadian Championship goes this weekend in Quebec - and The Western Rounds take place in Revelstoke BC on June 28/29.

Posters for both events can be seen on Trials Canada - www.trialscanada.com.

• 3 weeks later...

The WTC Western Canadian Trials Championship goes this weekend (June 28/29) in Revelstoke BC - This will be a "First" at this beautiful location, which is centered near the Glacier House Resort. - With all sections accessable by vehicle - spectating at this event will be easy and enjoyable.

In the Champ Class, we will have a couple of International riders, with Sam King from Australia, mounted on the Outlaw Trialsports Beta, while Spanish rider Tino Marin will be on a Blackfoot Motorcycle sponsored Sherco.

They will go head to head with the top Canadian riders, - Brandon Wince (Beta) from Kelowna, and Alex Walton (Beta) from Vancouver will be competing, but as with all Canadian Trials events, we won't know until the sign in, just who will decide to show up ( Not like the UK where you have Pre -registration)

This will be the first Trials event for the Revy Rider's, who are mainly an Enduro/MX Club, but with lots of enthusiasm, and a trail system and Enduro-Cross / MX track - this is definitely a "Destination" spot for all Off Road activity.

Unfortunately the Canadian riders mentioned are some of the very best we have right now and excellent people as well. I wish them the best of luck "flying the flag". Unfortunately, THE best riders in this country will not be at this event.

Hi Dabster - Neither had we until a few weeks ago, but it seems he rode in the Junior World Trials a few years ago - At his first showing at an Alberta Trial a few weeks ago, he beat out Ex Brit Steven Foord to take the Expert win on an old borrowed 2001 Sherco - then followed this up, by taking the Expert class at the next event beating the 2nd best rider by a total of 48 points - As Steve mentioned the #1 rider in Canada at the moment also competes in Enduro and due to an unavoidable conflict of dates, he is committed to riding the WEC race this weekend , (also in BC).. - However, we will have a good turn-out in all classes, including the #2 ranked rider in Canada, who will also be on the Canadian TDN Team later this year. - Brandon Wince lives in Kelowna, BC and has also ridden the Scottish.

Sam King is a young Australian who is visiting Canada on vacation, and he rode the 125 class in the World Round in Australia earlier this year finishing 5th.

I'm quite curious how this ranking was established? I know all the riders personally and this is in no way a shot at them. It has been many years since we have had a Championship that accurately ranks the best rider's in Canada. To say the #2 rider in Canada will be in attendance is not an accurate statement at all so I can only assume this is for '" promotional purposes.

We have Thomas Cordner, Will Duggan and Wilson Craig all here on the Westcoast. Jonathan English, Dan Johnson, and Jordon Szoke from Ontario. The CMA-TAC is currently trying to rectify this issue and will be calling on all riders to band together for a common cause!

Well I guess if the riders in this great country of ours never get together to ride against one another we will never really know who is #1. Of course even if they did get together who ever won would truly only be the best rider on that particular day. Personally I think it is great that both WTC and the CMA have championships and are making the effort to put on world class events that everyone can enjoy. I hope they all run smoothly and everyone has great fun at them... Having 2 or 3, #1 riders in Canada seems very Canadian to me.

Of course this is coming from somebody who proclaims to be the #1 worst trials riders in Canada but have yet to be to a Canadian championship to actually prove myself.

:beer:

Edited by michael_t

Saying you rode and saying you competed are 2 different things :)... If he can kick some butt and teach the locals a few things then good on him for getting sponsored (who knows, maybe he can become one of the #1 ranked rider in Canada) .

It almost sounds like CMA riders are being asked not to ride certain events but that can't really be right can it?

Surely riders are free to enjoy any events they want to in BC. Hopefully both the CMA and WTC events will get large turn outs of people who are interested in really enjoying our sport.

Unlike Steve I really don't know all the riders so I really have no opinion of who is best, but if riders are really refusing to ride at events... to me that is just poor sportsmanship and pretty hard to consider them Canada's "best riders". Please note that is a big if and I just certainly hope it is not the case.

... I just wish more people would come out and enjoy the sport for what I feel it is - a good chance to muck around on bikes with a great group of people. - Good luck this weekend and hope it is an awesome event !!!

I can assure you, no one here is being told what to ride and never has! it is difficult to ride everything as there are so many events to take in here during the year. People naturally choose the ones they enjoy the most, and especially with the costs of everything always going up. People end up picking and choosing more.

The average rider is only interested in having fun, riding in a good area and enjoying the trial. For the top riders, it comes down the location, what the event is, who is settin it up, and if they have the time and $$$ they want to get there.

THE National Championship should be, and will be something special, for all classes.... it is the goal of the CMA-TAC to achieve this! So perhaps we should move this dialogue to that thread....

Thanks for setting that straight... from the riders I do know, I couldn't imagine anybody skipping events for reasons other than time and $$$. Wouldn't it be great if we had the level of sponsorship in this country that could see people being flown across the country for events like this one :).

Saying you rode and saying you competed are 2 different things :)... If he can kick some butt and teach the locals a few things then good on him for getting sponsored (who knows, maybe he can become one of the #1 ranked rider in Canada) .

He didnt ride in any junior championships ever, according to the lists.

Thanks for setting that straight... from the riders I do know, I couldn't imagine anybody skipping events for reasons other than time and $$$. Wouldn't it be great if we had the level of sponsorship in this country that could see people being flown across the country for events like this one :).

Micheal, we are working on ways to move riders accross the country each year to compete in our National Championships. Unfortunately, this event, despite what it is called, is NOT one. But, there are many events in North America that are not Nationals, that get big entries each year from riders from afar!