Wtc Championships

You know Steve - I really think it's time you stopped spouting all this BS - When you wanted to start an independant Canadian Trials Riders association, BECAUSE you were p****d off at the CMA, - I supported you - then after I turned the reigns over to you it fell on it's face -When I was asked to host a National event for WEC you thought this was a good idea - - no joining fee - free insurance etc - the CMA was still a bad thing in your mind - now all of a sudden you have a change of heart and decide to cozy up to CMA - which is fine by me - but DON'T knock or run down people who have been in this sport a hell of a lot longer than you have, and have put on more events than you've had hot dinners. The CMA might be the FIM affiliate - but very few riders in Canada give a hoot about that - The WTC offer a low cost alternative without all the BS. -

Interestingly enough at our Revelstoke event, we had a 50-50 draw for the CMA TDN fund - we want to promote the sport in Canada even though we might differ in our opinions.

As for Faustino Marin - I can tell you after a very successful WTC Western Canadian Championship in Revelstoke the guy is a very good rider, plus I don't think he is lying when he tells me he trained with Toni Bou - The results and facts speak for themselves - the rest you need a shovel for. ( Feel free to check out the info on other sites)

BTW The BEST riders in Canada that you refer to don't even compete anymore in the West - Will Duggan, Wilson Craig etc - except in their own backyard - - and as we found out with CTRA - ( Canadian Trials Riders Association - Mr Fracy's idea) - this Country is too big to try and stage a National series or even a Two Day National - only Jon English, who happens to be an Air Canada Pilot has made it to to events in the West in recent years - - we are living in a huge Country and an economy that is not doing well except for perhaps Alberta.

The bottom line is I've no time for bull**** - I've been promoting Trials in Canada for 42 years, and I think I have a pretty good record. - and right now for me thats with the WTC. -

As usual telling it like it is as you say Dave. Unfortunately, telling it as you think it is, is a bit different. Havent run anyone down, would also love to know who these people are who have been in the sport riding, and promoting and organizing more than I've had hot dinners? Be glad to get to know them....

As for making statements that no one gives a hoot about the CMA, i would beg to differ there too. All of the poeple who have formed the new TAC are experienced riders, positive passionate people who are working hard to better the sport and make our National series great again!

Edited by steve fracy

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the positive Canada has top notch regional championships going on, some are called east and west, some are called national, others are just darn good events. To gain more riders and sponsorship there has to be a united trials presence. Hopefully this can get done some day.

• Like 1

The opportunity to do just that has NEVER been presented to us as riders in my 30+ years of riding Nationals in Canada like it is now! I've never felt more positive about achieving that goal! Something I have tried to help with for many years. I am confident that once the neysayers see the efforts being put forward by an amazing group of positive people, they will also see the merits of us finally being united!