Kickstart/junior Kickstart

blocky

Dougie hardly beat Graham in the Schoolboy days apparantly. I have loads of the old Kickstarts from back in the 80's. The best were the pro/am as wayne said. he's on a few of those kickstarts!

Edmondson (never forget that SWM of his), Jeremy Craggs, Paul Furness, Richard Brown, Rob Edwards, Nigel Mackenzie and others that slip my beer riddled memory.

Craggy was wandering round Hawkstone. Nigel Mack not seen him for over 20 yrs, top drinker and "swordsman". ;);)

I saw Nigel Mackenzie in his shop about 3 (maybe 4) years ago. The bas***d looked just how I remember him 20 years ago, although I think the Ducks a*se haircut had been traded in for a new one :angry:

I seem to remember the shop had gone last time I passed there, but I may be imagining that - been a while.

Dougie hardly beat Graham in the Schoolboy days apparantly. I have loads of the old Kickstarts from back in the 80's. The best were the pro/am as wayne said. he's on a few of those kickstarts!

Have you got the 1981 Junior Kickstart? I'd love to see that again...

I was second-to-last and got all of five seconds of fame

• 1 year later...

Hi Jools,

Im trying to find a copy or copies of the Junior Kick-start series, can you help with this. Ive got an old Fantic 200 and a 1990 Fantic 305 and they were popular in kick start and i like to see how they should be ridden haha. Best regards Russell

I found this after searching on google for it, I saw it on channel 4 last night. After seeing what I was sure to be a ty250s falling off a beam on the advert I had to watch it. That was when my dad remembered about watching kickstart when he was younger, but by that time he was into trail bikes so wasn't interested in trials.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...885468051222934

Is that format of competition still around? I woud have loved that, dab as many times as you like and go flat out!

I found this after searching on google for it, I saw it on channel 4 last night. After seeing what I was sure to be a ty250s falling off a beam on the advert I had to watch it. That was when my dad remembered about watching kickstart when he was younger, but by that time he was into trail bikes so wasn't interested in trials.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...885468051222934

Is that format of competition still around? I woud have loved that, dab as many times as you like and go flat out!

Hi There, Thanks for putting that video on, great to see those old bikes in action.I watched it on channel 4 lastnight aswell.

im not sure if that style of format is still used but I dont think it is.

If you have any more please send it on.Regards Russelld

What was on channel 4? ... the proper version or the one from google video, that i may or may not know something about :D

Hi There, It was just a clip from kickstart on a channel 4 programme showing different fav programmes of the 80s and 90s. I am looking for some of the series or all of it. I had loads of them on tape but cant put my hands on them.

What was on channel 4? ... the proper version or the one from google video, that i may or may not know something about :D

a few clips of kickstart was on channel 4 sunday night - the actors that played the cops from hot fuzz were presenting it. It was only a short clip inbetween other older programmes.

a good few years back men and motors did a modern version of kickstart. it used the same theme tune and was even presented by peter pervis

a few clips of kickstart was on channel 4 sunday night - the actors that played the cops from hot fuzz were presenting it. It was only a short clip inbetween other older programmes.

a good few years back men and motors did a modern version of kickstart. it used the same theme tune and was even presented by peter pervis

I remember that! it was called " teen trials!" I remember watching thinking that looks well easy! I could do that! lol How wrong I was now that I attempt to ride!