Dead Easy/ Beginners Trials Surrey Area?

twinshock giles

Does anybody know which clubs run anything to about the standard of the Manchester 17 dead easy route down south, I've possibly got the time to be able to get out on a bike and compete again but its been about 9 years since I've ridden, so i'm going to be more than a bit rusty...

I'am hoping to head over to the old quarry at Dorking for some much needed practice on my 'new' modern bike so if you're there and see someone fiving everything they attempt on a 1992 Montesa Cota 311 feel free to say hello and have a good laugh ;)

Thanks

Giles

Hi Giles, i can't help you with knowing of any other clubs that organise a dead easy trial but i am a complete novice and i have entered two organised by manchester 17 and had a fantastic day out on both occasions, their as been well over 70 people at each venue so it is a popular trial, maybe you could ask your club to see if they are interested in trying one out, it certainly encourages more people to have a go at the sport and thats got to be a good thing.

The Thames club have a proper wobblers route, generally monthly around Surrey. And Crowthorne have adult beginners at Brackendene, Addlestone second Saturdays in the morning before the youth section. Actually pretty well catered for in the area, and all very friendly, turn up and you will be sorted.

Giles,

The Redhill, Reigate North Downs MCC (RRND) run club trials every month and also a series of evening trials. There is a wobbler/easy route at club trials, and the Evening trials are normally very easy as laid out for a fun evening. See www.rrnd.co.uk for details.

There is an evening trial on tonight (Weds 18th June) at Ockley - see club website for details.

The club are a friendly bunch, so introduce yourself and people will show you the ropes. If you were able to get along tonight you can wander around the venue (it is a very pleasant location with a stream running through woodland) and I will be there later on, but not riding. Ask for me if you make it.

Eric C.

Thank you so much for all the info everybody, Eric not able to make it tonight as i'm knackered after work but will definately be along to one to have a look.

Whats the situation with competition licences now - can I still turn up pay my entry fee + club membership and buy a day licence?

Thank you again.

Giles

• 1 month later...