Gasgas 300 - Can You Get The Barrel Sleeved Down To A 250Cc?

shercoben12

hi , need to be on a 250 for my age and im on a 2012 300 right now . changing the whole barrel seems a really expensive way to go about it. not gonna sell the bike for another as this one is aswesome. can you get it sleeved down to a 250? is it possible? anyone know anyone who can do it? any other things i could do?!

Edited by shercoben12

Contact Kevin by email at GasGas u.k and he will give you a possitive yes or no . He will answer your querie and probably give you the reason why if you can't .

Alternativly ,you can go on the GasGas uk web site,go to Tech/Spares,look through the on line expandable workshop manual and start by looking at the part numbers for the connecting rod.Compare the 300 & 250 numbers.If they're different id say the rod is longer. So it may not be just down to the bore.

Ted.

We have a freshly replated 250cc GasGas barrel in stock http://www.splatshop.co.uk/used-gasgas-pro-cylinder-250cc.html you also need the piston and cylinder head (or just the 250 insert if you have a later bike).

As Nigel says why do you need a 250cc, the ACU limit is 125cc for A and B class on a modern bike.

Edited by splatshop

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm late to this party but.... I put an S3 low compression head on my 300 Beta to make it less of an animal. Much cheaper option then a full cylinderectomy.

It's a good mod. Keeps the grunt while removing the brutal hit on top. Well reducing it at least.

had so many problems with it , final straw was the top end needed to be replaced on it ( 5 months old ) hardly used like new! was going to do it but the parts took too long ( like months ) and parts supply was shocking... bought A 2012 racing gasser and cracked the frame ... ooooppss. now on a 14 racing. had no problems so far. its in another league riding wise compared to other bikes out there :D

Edited by shercoben12