New From Fife

unstable

I did indeed come across them on a previous search :D

I am completely 100% new to off road riding. I once went off road but it was the small bit off grass at the side of my driveway...

Nearly 20 years on road , zero off it. Hoping for a gentle bunch to learn the ropes with.

I currently have a Suzuki SV1000s that I will be looking to change for a nice wee trials bike at some point. Bit of road rash to fix up on it...

Thanks for the welcome :banana:

Hello Chris,as b40rt (thanks Ross) says we are the ones to get in with if you want to make a fool of yourself on a trials bike.

Trial on this weekend (we run over 20 a year) if you want to drop by someone will keep you right.

Where in Fife are you from or are you too embarrassed to say?

Hello Chris,as b40rt (thanks Ross) says we are the ones to get in with if you want to make a fool of yourself on a trials bike.

Trial on this weekend (we run over 20 a year) if you want to drop by someone will keep you right.

Where in Fife are you from or are you too embarrassed to say?

I'm hiding down the coast in Burntisland but I'm working this weekend I'm afraid. I will definitely pop up the 1st weekend I'm not however.

And as for making a fool of myself , that much is a given! not that I mind , I have to start somewhere right?

Looking forward to meeting you guys :thumbup:

Edit : just checked the dates , the next one I could attend is on my daughters birthday...looks like August for me

Edit 2 : nightshift on 17th of August :(

Edited by unstable

Or Glenlomond, Wester Balgeddie

It's a practice ground not far from you ... costs a fiver a time ... well worth that for hassle free biking.

Currently open Saturday mornings and wednesday evenings but the owner is usually OK with you practicing at other times BUT only after you have cleared it with him

Glenlomond is pretty close to me and I'm familiar with the roads round there so should find it ok.

Is it possible to spectate there? I am yet to get a trials bike and am currently digesting every piece of info I can get. Talking to people face to face who know what they're on about would be much appreciated.

How the hell do you guys choose the bike for you?!? there are so many to choose from!

Edited by unstable

Just personal preference as the bike doesn't make much difference to how you ride.

Unless you're buying new you'll find good clean secondhand bikes are thin on the ground.

Try to go for a 250 as 125s don't let you away with so much and anything over 250 is pretty pointless for someone starting out.

Buy on condition rather than age.

Personally a tidy Beta 250 would be my recommendation ..

Forget 4 strokes as that just adds another dimension to things

That's it..

Funnily enough betas are definitely on my radar as a lot of what I've read so far seems to comment on their reliability.

The only unknown for me is the 2 stroke thing. Never worked on one before besides helping a friend rebuild the carb on his rgv250, 15 years ago...

Virtually zero riding experience of them as . It would seem they're slightly lighter as well?

So much to learn yet