scooterspal

Clutch Lightener Worth Installing?

There is a company selling something called a clutch lightener on Ebay for the TLR200 and other bikes. Looks to be an extension of the clutch arm.

Worth installing?

I made my own clutch lightener, similar to the one on ebay. Yes, it is a big improvement. Make sure that your cable is free and well lubricated.

I'm getting one for my 15 year olds reflex , but with the spare set of domino lever I put on it , it's much lighter than stock . But it will help with your low speed finesse , giving a slightly softer/smoother clutch engagement .

Have fun on your bike , and get a copy of the Bernie Book , you can learn all the basics in your driveway :) AND WE ARE NEVER TOO OLD ! :)

Glenn

I installed this on my bike (the exact one in the above pic) after reading your replies and it does make a huge difference for me.

Only my index finger is now required where as before it took at least two fingers.

Thanks!

My clutch on both my reflex's feels grabby and only at the last 1/3 does it begin to engage. I think adding one of these would definetly add to better feel.

How much length do these add to the arm if you don't mind me asking?

Mine is a 1" extension and it works great. Also, move the perch inward on the bars so your finger is working on the outer end of the lever.

• Like 1

Old topic I know, but are these clutch lighteners still available anywhere?