2004 Txt Pro 300 - No Spark

scoobystu

Fell off the bike and it wouldn't start again. Checked plug, no spark. Changed plug and disconnected the kill switch - still no spark.

Can anyone tell me if I can check the coil and CDI with a multimeter? If so what readings should I be getting....?

Thanks,

Stu

Kill switch would be my first asumption, the rest is quite good protected. What did you do to the wires of the switch? There are connecting, and disconection kill switches. THe one needs to be attached, so if you want to take the kill switch out of the circuit than you need to connect both wires. THe other kills switches you need to disconnect the wires.

Other thing you can check if the sparkplugholder is still good attached.

Other things would be really strang, or you must have dropped the bike really hard to damage some other ignition stuff.

If the coil is on frame near left hand side of radiator check the supply to the coil has not necked off at the spade connector. The wire can break inside but the insulation remains intact so you can't see the break.

On the HT coil I would guess the primary resistance will be about 40 ohms and the secondary resistance about 300.

Try Bradford Ignitions for advice and CDI resistance figures.

If it is the Ducati digital system a multimeter may not be much use.

Check the bottom of the Ducati CDI. If it has a bulge or looks cracked its probably gone. I have had one go bad on me in the past. Trials parts .com has all of the manuals and break down of the ignition system for you.

--Biff