Fork Oil Change Help

heffergm

It's probably time for me to dump the fork oil in my '13 Evo, and the manual is horribly unclear as to how to measure the level. I'm guessing it's spring in, fully compressed, then measure from the top of the tube to the oil, but was looking for confirmation.

I had a peek at my '14 Beta 4T manual for comparison.

It says on fork re-oil page to pour in quantity listed on page 11.... go to page 11 and it says ....

Oil level (mm) (edge rod fork compressed) right leg 65, left leg 125

So I take that to mean....

Fork leg vertical, fully compressed, fill with oil until it just touches bottom of a steel rule with the rule at 65mm mark at top edge of fork.

If using a small 6 inch (150mm) rule tie some string through hole in end in case it falls in .... don't want to have to start again!

Be nice if it was a quantity, that way you could just use a graduated plastic lab flask, measure and drop in? But it looks like thats not the case... have to measure from top of leg to oil level?

Confirmation is easy.... remove leg.. open and compress... measure to oil level and check with manual's listed measures???

Mags

Edited by mags