Oko Carb For The Tlr200

scooterspal

Does any one know anything about this TLR200 OKO carb kit?

Claims to offer many fixes over the OEM Honda carb. Not sure l am allowed to post the link to it but easy to find on Google for both the US and UK distributors.

No more throttle lag, instant acceleration, leanness is removed... The holy grail they claim.

Edited by scooterspal

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't know about the Oko Carb.

But i've riding with a Sheng wey carb fore the last three years on my TLR200.

No more throttle lag, and instant acceleration.

And when you would have told me this four years ago, i would't have believed it.

But what the heck, what do you have to loose.

These things costs almost nothing.

The least thing you can do is try.

And be surprised.

Hi,

I got a sheng wey carb for my Reflex. A good copy carb, just plug `n play. Jets were unsigned but should be 42 pilot and 100 main. I found them a bit too large and changed to 40 pilot and 95 main.

@sicco: which jets are set in your carb?

Rollox

I did this conversion about a year ago. I have no idea about which company in China makes this replica Keihin carburetor but it works perfectly right out of the box. As was suggested above, just do an ebay search for a TLR carburetor. When you find the one that costs one quarter of the original you have found the right one.

Some caveats....you will need a new throttle cable. As is mentioned above the throttle cable is part of the top of the carburetor (at least on the "colonial" Reflex) and so a new cable is in order. I bought a throttle cable for an XL/XLR 200 and it, like on the Reflex, was firmly and permanently attached to a new carburetor top...which was entirely too big to fit on the replica Keihin. Since it was absolutely no use to me "as is", I went after it with a Dremel tool and basically ground off the assembly which attaches the cable to the carburetor top. Once freed, the cable worked perfectly. I would recommend that you not buy a new cable, but free the original cable with the Dremel tool.

Next problem is that the replica carburetor...at least in my case...would not mount to the original air box. All of which sent me back to ebay for a replacement/accessory aircleaner. Again, a vast improvement. The motorcycle was transformed. Best of luck...the project involves a lot of fiddly little jobs...but it is worth it.

Is your stock carb completely warn out? If not, consider changing the jetting. I just changed my jets and the difference is amazing! #40 and #110 jets.

No, my carb if fine. Was just asking about this Oko carb and was it worth the hype.

I also have recently installed a #40 slow jet (up from #38). Hoping for several things from doing so. Less clogging from the bigger jet port, easier starting and smoother off-idle response. Time will tell.

My main is a bit smaller that #110. Have no issues with the higher revs at this point.

What do you mean by "amazing". What do you find to be the difference?

Edited by scooterspal

Yes, I understand you were asking about the OKO carb. I chimed in because I feel I got that "holy grail" simply be a good cleaning and rejetting the stock carb. No new carb, searching for a new throttle cable, etc.

What did I find amazing?

1) Bike used to need lots of choke to start and was took a long time before I could turn the choke off and ride away. Now, choke, one kick, turn off choke and ride.

2) No bogging or throttle lag.

3) Far better power at low speed and much smoother acceleration through mid range.

4) Better high end power.

Bike used to feel underpowered, almost like it was a100, not a 200. The same amount of throttle in first that used to make the front end just feel light, now gives me a 2 foot high wheelie. And all for US $12.

The only down side I see now is that I will have to fix those front brakes to better slow this thing down. :blush:

If you do the OKO conversion, I hope you will post your impressions.

No, my carb if fine. Was just asking about this Oko carb and was it worth the hype.

I also have recently installed a #40 slow jet (up from #38). Hoping for several things from doing so. Less clogging from the bigger jet port, easier starting and smoother off-idle response. Time will tell.

My main is a bit smaller that #110. Have no issues with the higher revs at this point.

What do you mean by "amazing". What do you find to be the difference?

The bike is lean from the factory. You have to jet it richer to run! I`m at 6500 ft elevation and it was too lean!

• Like 1