Beta California Registration

zakmaeda

Hi guys,

I recently aquired a 2002 Beta Rev from a friend in Arizona and I am currently trying to get it registered in California. All steps have been going smoothly with the DMV until they said I need a engine number. After going to the DMV inspections they could not find the number so they are telling me I need to go to California Highway Patrol (CHP) for their inspection process. While making the appointment with the CHP the officer told me if there is indeed no engine number than the bike is more than likely illegal to be registered in California. Anybody have this problem in the past? Does anybody know if the 2002 Betas have engine numbers and where they would be? I have an appointment with the CHP next Thursday. What are my options if the bike does not have an engine number?

Thanks

Zak

Maybe if there is no engine no. then perhaps if you just stamp the engine yourself with the same number as the Frame no./ VIN no.

as this is often the same on a lot of older bikes { I dont know about modern bikes }

I know this is sort of cheating but sometimes you have to do this sort of thing.

hope this helps