Worst Observing Ever Seen

NAD1

@twinshock:

I did not state that the rules are irrelevant. I'am just looking for an answer why this judgment in observing happens. And I personal think there is all said.

I can't see any mentioned points that are not logical.

If you are referring to subjunctives, since when subjunctive form about impressions have to be logical? This is nuts.

If you want mistake free rides and observing let robots do the work. Not my fashion if you would ask me.

But thank you for improving my English skills, there is something to learn and explore everyday it's a lifetime task. Mission in this matter accomplished.

I'm no big fan of the no-stop rule, but people, stop the whining and complaining about it.

If you're dead against it, start a petition and if you don't believe a petition would change anything, do you think all this complaining is going to change anything? Really?

I'm slowly starting to think this whining is doing more harm to the sport than the no-stop rule itself.

I'm all for freedom of speech but this keeps going on and on and on...

Get on your freaking bike and ride it, ride it like it's the last thing you're going to do! :hyper:

(sorry, I had to get this off my chest)

... :popcorn:

• Like 5

After reading this I am pretty glad I did not waste my time and money attending Nord view.

I had a great time at Nord Vue dadof2.

Friday camping + Saturday camping + Saturday and Sunday tickets for 2 adults and a child + vip parking on Sunday = £160 ( I lost more betting on Spain and England in the world cup)

The only complaint I have is the camping area.

The trial was great and I personally think that they should be charging a wee bit more than they are.

I'm not sure why a petition would change Thierrys mind. He can see what everyone else sees, has been spoken to by hundreds of people, but does nothing to fix the mess he has created.

Let the crowds continue to dwindle, let the young riders continue to leave the sport in droves, and let's keep trying to take the sport in a very narrow, philosophically driven direction because that's how it was when the tired old men now running this sport were kids.

I'm not sure why a petition would change Thierrys mind. He can see what everyone else sees, has been spoken to by hundreds of people, but does nothing to fix the mess he has created.

Let the crowds continue to dwindle, let the young riders continue to leave the sport in droves, and let's keep trying to take the sport in a very narrow, philosophically driven direction because that's how it was when the tired old men now running this sport were kids.

So to save the sport you're willing to destroy it? Strange logic.

(Damn, I promised myself to shut up about it :wacko: )

How do I know comparative spectator numbers when I did not attend Nord view? Feedback from those were there and videos / photos.

I hope anyone who attended did enjoy it and wish Jarvis & co all the best, but from a personal point of view I have just seen enough of nord View for the time being at least.

Its a pity Shirty did not expand further on MIchael Brown's disillusionment.

I know some will contradict me when i say the sport has gone down a dead end with its lightweight fragile bikes and sections that verge on dangerous stunt riding but that is what the evidence suggests.

How about a ban on minders and any outside assistance?

I whole heartedly agree that our sport has been spiralling towards self destruction, but it has little to do with light weight bikes and more to do with heavy weight stubbornness from regulators that are NOT listening. Minders are not the problem and the outside assistance seems to be in the form of pertinacious observers that ignore the rules, unfortunately.

• Like 1

How do I know comparative spectator numbers when I did not attend Nord view? Feedback from those were there and videos / photos.

I hope anyone who attended did enjoy it and wish Jarvis & co all the best, but from a personal point of view I have just seen enough of nord View for the time being at least.

Its a pity Shirty did not expand further on MIchael Brown's disillusionment.

I know some will contradict me when i say the sport has gone down a dead end with its lightweight fragile bikes and sections that verge on dangerous stunt riding but that is what the evidence suggests.

How about a ban on minders and any outside assistance?

why spoil a sensible comment with your self perpetuating light bike crap? i too dont like nord vue but thats as much due to distance to get there.

I don't know why criticising Thierry's WTC rule changes will destroy the sport. This thread started after the WTC has been using these rules for almost two full seasons. The discontent is there at every single world round and the riders and observers continue to make their feelings well known, (but they are ignored over and over). The spectators are making their feelings known by staying away. The rule changes were forced upon everyone in the WTC with no consultation, and they are not producing the desired results. Thank goodness that the regulators in Australia can think for themselves and are not going to implement non-stop in this country.

• Like 3

Get on your freaking bike and ride it, ride it like it's the last thing you're going to do! :hyper:

Now there's a line to read... and act on!! We are heading out again this Sunday! Damn this addiction! Hi! My name is Mags... and I'm an addict. Hello Mags!

Mags

• Like 1

Was anyone at the observers meeting at Nord Vue. If so, what were the instructions if it at all possible to publish? There is only one way to observe, and that is the correct way, whatever rule is set out on the day. Forget the lenient observer we hear about all the time. There is no such thing. Spoils good trials, including the SSDT. I read in this thread that the observer was consistent. (In under marking) You are not observing at a World Round to under mark. Consistency is marking correctly, giving the rider his actual score with the benefit of the doubt ALWAYS going his way. This was certainly missing last weekend. I do not mean to sound abrasive but we can not blame the rules for poor observing. Let’s try and make the effort. Then we can move on.

Yes, Nord Vue for me. Everything is now in place so make the most of it. A superb venue and well managed. Am I going to observe next year, you’ll just have to wait and see!

• Like 1