Psi Newton Meters Conversion

stanley

If i fill the front tyre with 100% nitrogen will it be easier to wheelie ? and also if I lose control over rocky terrain could I then breath in the nitrogen from the inner tube to ease the pain ? :unsure:

You will need 100% nitrogen if going below sea level... check your ride areas mean sea level.

How did you go with the re-torque by the way?

Mags

• Like 1

Anybody help :- Looking for conversion of thoughts, dreams and wishes into ability and reality.

I tried this years ago... its over-rated! Your perceptions of instantaneous, relative, event cycles can form a distortionate long term, erroneous, vista of faculty.

Its a slippery slope...

Mags

• Like 2

And I thought setting the points on my Sherpa was challenging so with me at total body mas of 99kg. what is the minimum volume of helium (HE) I need to counter balance a medium to very hard fall AKA disoriented/winded kg/kmol = lost control.

You will need 100% nitrogen if going below sea level... check your ride areas mean sea level.

How did you go with the re-torque by the way?

Mags

Hola mags I am enlightened for the correct ft.lbs. setting via guys at 12lbs. I am 136m above sea level measured from center of garage floor via Tom Tom gps

• Like 1

And I thought setting the points on my Sherpa was challenging so with me at total body mas of 99kg. what is the minimum volume of helium (HE) I need to counter balance a medium to very hard fall AKA disoriented/winded kg/kmol = lost control.

Helium_Lift.jpg

'PSI' is the Proof Strength index of the bolt material, bolts should be tightened to 75% of their point of yield.

Diameter, pitch and length all in the calculation for the torque.

Also PSI is referred to as the clamping force on the joint/gasket material and does not convert to a torque setting.

• Like 1

Stanley,

Bankhol Monday 25th Aug, Man17 club and in conjunction with other local clubs run a Dead Easy Charity trial at Heaton House farm, Rushden Spencer, which is about 20miles from Stanthorne.

Its open to all classes, Quite a few classic bikes regularly turn out for this event because the event is more focused on get your bike out and ride it.

details http://www.manchester17.org.uk/Trials_Pages/Trials_Home_Page.htm

There is also a country fayre for any of your family if they don't like trials.

http://www.heatonhousefarm.co.uk/

• Like 1

'PSI' is the Proof Strength index of the bolt material, bolts should be tightened to 75% of their point of yield.

Diameter, pitch and length all in the calculation for the torque.

Also PSI is referred to as the clamping force on the joint/gasket material and does not convert to a torque setting.

Richt,

Wouldn't Proof Strength Index be beyond the scope of a service manual? More like on the Engineering Specifications on the design drawing sent to the fastener company supplying the factory fasteners??

Mags

• Like 1

Stanley,

Bankhol Monday 25th Aug, Man17 club and in conjunction with other local clubs run a Dead Easy Charity trial at Heaton House farm, Rushden Spencer, which is about 20miles from Stanthorne.

Its open to all classes, Quite a few classic bikes regularly turn out for this event because the event is more focused on get your bike out and ride it.

http://www.heatonhousefarm

Stanley,

http://www.heatonhousefarm.co.uk/

thank you for the link richt I will be there

Richt,

Wouldn't Proof Strength Index be beyond the scope of a service manual? More like on the Engineering Specifications on the design drawing sent to the fastener company supplying the factory fasteners??

Mags

Yes I agree,

I Would use the 3 white knuckles technique because it feels more accurate than a torque wrench. :thumbup:

• Like 1

The PSI, proof strength index is of little use to a mechanic, especially when a high tensile steel (high PSI) male fastener is mated with an aluminium female thread.

PSI can be used by designers who also have access to strain information to determine clamping force and specify a number of degrees fastener rotation as in SPS cylinder head fastening.

• Like 1

I mucked around with some Carrillo rods (in Ducati), when a young fellow, and they use a micrometer to measure bolt stretch for correct tension. Well they did in the mid 80's don't know about the newer ones?

Another not so good method was to tighten until it snaps then back off half a turn! Hehehehehe

Mags

• Like 1