Show Us Your Montesa!

lewis315r

post-11536-0-01286300-1408992424_thumb.jpg

You've got your work cut out for the winter months. I see a lot of Montesa stuff, but your nick name is zerorev3rev4, as in Beta. When did it all go wrong? :ph34r:

bought a cota200 3 years ago to do some twinshock events then bought a few more to do up and move on also to gain more spares as some came with parts then started looking at 242,s for a bit of extra power heres one just picked up

• Like 1

Finally got round to fitting my original Montesa decals and found a way of recycling the after market ones! Thanks to H & D Racing for sorting me out with the stickers :thumbup:

Before:

Montesa2_zps5dcf4e11.jpg

After:

Montesa1_zps459ef2f8.jpg

Recycled: :ph34r:

Montesa3_zps54b77282.jpg

Edited by lewis315r
  • Like 2

Thanks guys,

Shocks are these: clicky link thing I don't know if they can be mounted upside down, why would you want to?

I made the chain guard, because I couldn't find one, and the mudguards were generic which were modified to suit :) Because they were £70 the pair and proper Monty ones are £130 each!

Edited by yamanx

Most modern shocks have the body at the top, worth checking.

I suppose they could go they other way up, yes it would decrease un-sprung weight and, of course increase sprung weight, but on a 1973 Cota that ain't gonna make much difference, well not to me anyway :)

But the image on the web site is this way up and the writing on the shock would be upside down the other way :)

Plus I think they would "look" upside down, I like 'em as they are :)

• Like 1