Show Us Your Montesa!

lewis315r

Thanks for the great photos,

on the left side of the de stickered bikes seat unit there are four drilled holes that are also on my seat unit, can you tell me what they were for? I was going to fill them when I refurbish the unit.

Thanks Allyboy

• 3 weeks later...

My refurbished late '71/early '72 Montesa Cota 247, before and after shots, I still have a few things to finish like new rear shock, foam and cover on seat pan I made, and find cam and lever for the front brake since it was missing. But it is rideable now.

post-20130-0-43819200-1414832433_thumb.jpg

post-20130-0-62554800-1414832455_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Here is my first montesa,

Im hoping i know where all the bolts go !

I bought it on a pallet, its had a new bottom end, i've just bought a new top end. Time to tackle the rest of the bike :)

10421636_10101340226723698_1301426934184

10653393_10101340226578988_4429623480848

I believe I was bidding against you on ebay! :dunce: Hahaa

Heres another picture of my bike -

image_zps2f7de031.jpg

And a picture of how it currently sits a couple of weeks after the first pictures :rolleyes:

image_zps3b019f2d.jpg

guessing you were trying to buy it for spares then?

The pallet was about £45, but then i got stung with a £30 collection charge as he went home at 5pm..10 mins before the courier tried to collect ! .. so didnt end up being quiet the bargin.

But Im looking forward to having it back together. Saving the bike, rather than stripping it :)

guessing you were trying to buy it for spares then?

The pallet was about £45, but then i got stung with a £30 collection charge as he went home at 5pm..10 mins before the courier tried to collect ! .. so didnt end up being quiet the bargin.

But Im looking forward to having it back together. Saving the bike, rather than stripping it :)

That was the plan!

I was going to do the top end on my bike any way but I thought may as well do a full rebuild if I had a spare engine but you then out bid me! Good luck with putting it back together!!!

Cheers bud,

considering a crank is now £250, it was worth buying for the bottom end alone, it is crazy money these honda parts now

Thinking about an RTL scheme, i'll put up the finished article,

Edited by magicmat
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...