Show Us Your Montesa!

lewis315r

Very Nice Chris..

that's the fun part. Like a big meccano set. I'm sure you sank a few tinnies and extended the build process to savour the moment!!

I t was such a close one between the 4rt and Repsol. My riding skills didnt warrant a repsol so ordered a new 4RT which arrived last week and I love it.. done 5 hours on it now, very responsive. Quiet and really torquey!!

post-20944-0-08694400-1424985809_thumb.jpg

Edited by helicoptermanr22
  • Like 2

Very nice Chris! The Dynamite decal would inspire me to go beyond my capability Hehehehe That decal is a nice touch!

If that is your land in the last pic and you set up a Novice section or two... feel free to place myself and my wife on the invite list! (cheekyWink)

Mags

Yes Mags, that is my block of land but it’s a bit too flat for trials.

I finally got out for a solid practice ride last weekend and got that lovely bike (Repsol pictured above) all muddy. My original intention for buying the 4RT was to have a fun bike that could do the occasional easy section but mainly just ride some trails. It was never going to be competitive against my 300 Gasser especially being around 16kg* heavier and a lot wider. How wrong I was! This thing is fantastic. I rode all of my usual practice sections and cleared them easier than ever before and with less effort. And that was after installing a well worn rear tyre. The 4RT is so easy to ride, I just love it. Can’t wait to get out again this weekend.

* Edit - Apologies, it's actually about 10kg heavier - reweighed the Gasser and it's gained weight (like me).

Edited by aussiechris
  • Like 1

I've just been out and re-weighed both bikes (full of fuel). Gas Gas comes in at 68.6kg (was 64 back in 2011 on different scales). My Gas Gas is a Raga model which is almost 2kg lighter than standard. The 4RT today shows 78.6Kg (was around 80kg the other day but I've since installed an old bald tyre, removed headlight, front disk cover and fuel vent plumbing). So the difference is 10kg and apologies to Montesa and I've corrected the original post. The 4RT still seems easier and nicer to ride despite the weight penalty.

Chris.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...