Show Us Your Montesa!

lewis315r

• 2 weeks later...

here is my new toy, only 2 weeks old to me, but a 47 year old bike.

well please with it, only reason l purchased it was l just liked the look of it.

first trial on it yesterday, in 35 years, went ok other than the front wheel stop turning, as the mudguard is to low, and lots of sticky clay, so was left with a rudder to steer me, but not in the direction l wanted to go.

lots learn on my first outing, should be sorted for the next trial. :rolleyes:

post-20706-0-51292500-1428156563_thumb.jpg

Edited by gravity
  • Like 1

Saw gravity's bike yesterday. Lovely original condition!!! Gravity you just need a new rear tyre and to stand up more, but in all fairness that was one wet muddy trial!!!!

Front rim isn't original for a red 349, without a better look I'd say the hub is not Montesa, certainly not right for this bike.

Chain tube set up is missing completely & there's something wrong with how the steady to the rear hub is fitted.

I don't think the headlamp is a Montesa one, the mounting brackets certainly aren't.

The speedo isn't a Montesa one.

Edited by perce

Front rim isn't original for a red 349, without a better look I'd say the hub is not Montesa, certainly not right for this bike.

Chain tube set up is missing completely & there's something wrong with how the steady to the rear hub is fitted.

I don't think the headlamp is a Montesa one, the mounting brackets certainly aren't.

But apart from that...

• Like 2

when you buy with beer goggles, you enjoy the ride, in the morning things don't look as good, but l am still happy with my new girl. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

• 1 year later...

Montesas get used for all sorts of off-road fun!  How about classic scrambling (now regularly featured in our digital magazine, if you are interested) where we see this action shot of Chris Hardy on his 1973 250cc model at the Mortimer Classic meeting in September.

Comprehensive photoreport by Gary Dowshall in issues 47 and 48.(No watermarks in the mag!)

Enjoy 

post-19290-0-28888700-1476630178_thumb.jpg

• Like 2