Show Us Your Montesa!

lewis315r

Another joined the Scuderia on Sunday.  An early '97, abused, neglected, butchered, and abandon in a shed in Santa Fe -

image.png.2dcfee348e11bc96c0f2b88e6dff143e.png

I was told it runs.  We'll see....

Edited by brewtus
Increase pic size. Shame it blurred.
  • Like 3

Just dug out of my garage and cleaned after 20 years. The standard unleaded petrol is making the fibreglass tank go sticky inside. Anyone know if Shell premium stop this or has anybody tried the Aspen alkaline petrol in motorbikes. They sell it at our lawnmower shop either for 4 strokes of pre mixed. Only snag £18 for 5 litres. Only problem is the standard unleaded petrol is making the fibreglass tank go sticky inside. Anyone know if Shell premium without ethanol stops this or has anybody tried the Aspen alkaline petrol in motorbikes. They sell it at our lawnmower shop either for 4 strokes or pre mixed 50:1. Only snag £18 for 5 litres. I'm not sure whether to line the tank and I've heard about people having nightmares with the coating failing. Someone also said to try and get hold of aviation fuel but I've no idea who'll sell that to me?.

MontesaCota123--20170222-190354592.jpg

Edited by Montesa Kid
More info
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Montesa Kid said:

Just dug out of my garage and cleaned after 20 years. The standard unleaded petrol is making the fibreglass tank go sticky inside. Anyone know if Shell premium stop this or has anybody tried the Aspen alkaline petrol in motorbikes. They sell it at our lawnmower shop either for 4 strokes of pre mixed. Only snag £18 for 5 litres.

MontesaCota123--20170222-190354592.jpg

I've got Aspen mixture for the 123 as its the non metal tanked version.............not back together at the mo, so cannot comment on running issues.  I do know there are a couple of company's who produce non ethanol fuel, in their Super Unleaded range. Murco and Texaco (although NOT in all area's of the uk)  I'll be firing off emails to all the company's local to me to get their answers at a later date. (as you say Aspen is expensive.......but I am led to believe it can be left in tank as it doesn't go 'off')

• 3 months later...

19 minutes ago, oni nou said:

A very beautiful looking bike.... its a shame it has a lot less power than a 250cc 2 stroke; it will probably prove to be quite a handicap coming off a GG Racing 300

Thanks for your first comment, not so much for your second! “This is show us your montesa” not bash people’s new bikes ? 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, duggan said:

Thanks for your first comment, not so much for your second! “This is show us your montesa” not bash people’s new bikes ? 

Sorry about that I wasn't expecting that as a response ....I thought you would defend your bikes power output....but it must be true. please accept my apologies.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...