Mick Andrews 1972 Ssdt Winning Ossa,or Is It?

bikeshed1950

Thanks for all the info Spen,I didn't realize I was talking to such a prestigious person untill I looked you up on your website.All credit due to you.I havn't been into road racing too much,although I did follow the progress of the late Steve Henshaw whom I knew very well ,as he lived a few doors away from me on Barrows hill lane,Westwood.In fact I sold him a Villiers engined Sprite trials bike to help pay for the Ossa.He later had a Greeves Scottish and a brand new Bultaco Sherpa.His family and everyone else were devastated when he was killed.I also knew John Newbold from the next village,Jacksdale who was also tragicaly killed. Regards John.

We were talking about Steve Henshaw last night. A few motorcycling mates come round on a Tuesday night and we discuss all things two wheels over a cuppa or two.

I live just outside Worksop if ever you're passing.

I'll get my old mum to have a look in my dad's old photo's and see if there's anything in there relating to your OSSA.

Thanks for all the info Spen,I didn't realize I was talking to such a prestigious person untill I looked you up on your website.All credit due to you.I havn't been into road racing too much,although I did follow the progress of the late Steve Henshaw whom I knew very well ,as he lived a few doors away from me on Barrows hill lane,Westwood.In fact I sold him a Villiers engined Sprite trials bike to help pay for the Ossa.He later had a Greeves Scottish and a brand new Bultaco Sherpa.His family and everyone else were devastated when he was killed.I also knew John Newbold from the next village,Jacksdale who was also tragicaly killed. Regards John.

Prestigious? Not a word I've heard to describe me before.

post-22251-0-14490800-1454696134_thumb.jpeg

Sorry this is a bit personal and off-topic Spen but I was wondering if your uncle, Terry Brailsford was still around or involved with trials at all. Used to ride with him in the early 80s.

Hmmm, not sure if Terry is any relation to me or not. My dad knew him well, he was never mentioned as a relative.

I can remember him from the '70's. Saying that, there are Brailsfords in my family, all interested in trials riding.

Thats a facinating vidio spen ,although I cant make out the dialogue.I sometimes have daft projects.My latest one is a Wimshurst machine invented in the 1870s(google it).It makes long high voltage sparks.I think Dr Frankenstien used one to bring his monster to life.I might use it on the missis.