World Trials Championship 2015

nigel dabster

Nigel,

You could fly in to either of these airports.Both are not to far from site.I think NYC is a bit closer.I have been going to World rounds at this site sense the 80S.It has very good terrain and spectating is good.It is a big layout but they usually have a shuttle bus to help get aroud.Lots of motels and places to eat about 20 miles from site.

Let me know if you need further imformatio glad to help.

Looking forward to next summer already,this is a relatively easy drive for us just 5 hours.

Look forward to meeting you next summer .JR

Hope to be there too, (I've been saving air miles from t**co for years) I have a friend in WV and was planning to meet up in Boston, and do the tourist bit around NH and NY as well as the WTC.

The location of the world round in Rhode Island is in Exeter RI.

Rhode Island Trials Club - RITC
Escoheag Hill Road, Exeter, RI
From RT-95 exit 5A to RT-102 South. Turn right onto RT-3. Follow Rt-3 for approx 2 miles to junction of
Rt-165. Turn right onto RT-165 and follow for approx 6 miles. At bottom of hill turn right onto Escoheag
Hill Road. Watch for arrows.

From the West: Rt-165. Left on Escoheag Hill Road. Watch for arrows.
GPS Coordinates: N41 35 21.6 W71 45 27.5

It would be much closer to fly in to Boston than NYC. With no traffic it is about a 2 hour drive.

I can look into local accommodations if it helps. Also check the newenglandtrials.com web site for information coming soon, none posted as of yet. I am a member of the RI trials club, I was told yesterday that there is a web site for the world round under development so it should be up soon.

Bob

Nigel,

This is the world round in Rhode Island web site under development:

http://www.wtc2015usa.com/index.html

As far as hotels, I don't know specifics but I googled "hotels near escoheag ri" and found a few. Best Western in West Greenwich was one. You might try tripadvisor for more info.

I'll post more info when it becomes available.

Bob

You might want to see if you can fly directly into Providence RI (TF Green airport) . Very nice airport. Im pretty sure United fly's RT to Heathrow from there. Providence is only 20 minutes away, so might be a good place to stay if you looking for nice accommodations with lots of good restaurants right near bye. More info will be coming soon.

As Laser1 suggested, Providence, Rhode Island would be your closest airport followed by Boston. I didn't think they had international flights coming in. Providence is a small city only 1 hour north of the event with several options for hotels right in the city.

Plenty of accommodations along the route to the event as well. Cranston, East Greenwich, even Newport if you can tolerate having your wallet emptied since it is high tourist season. In Newport there are quite a few bed and breakfast homes that are nice, clean and well kept. Some are older some are newer, I have a friend who has a newer one within walking distance of the ocean if that may be of interest to you, I'd be happy to inquire on availability and cost.

Also, there are a great number of good restaurants in both the Providence area and Newport. Newport is on the ocean overlooking the harbor with the island of Jamestown just across the harbor. You may want to check the area out on Google Earth for a sense of what it is like. It does get very crowded in July.

Edinburgh to Newark direct and hire the obligatory Mustang convertible. Works for me :D

Keep the top up until outside of New Jersey. :)

I was at the Newark airport two weeks ago. The NJ transit train system was horrible and the airport isn't the greatest. I regret not renting.

--Biff