World Trials Championship 2015

nigel dabster

Bobs right - no direct international flights from Providence airport. Bummer. Unless NJ is the only direct flight option from where your coming from, I'd fly into Boston (logan) as its alot closer than New Jersey and easier route/traffic. The airport exit signs will take you right out to the Massachusetts turnpike (look for Mass Pike West signs) and then take Rt 95 (South) all the way to Providence. Will take you about 2 hours to get to the trials in normal traffic. Double that for the New Jersey route. Sounds like the flight availability may be the biggest factor. Good luck. PS - dont forget, we drive on the wrong side of the road over here. :guinness:

Edited by laser1

• 2 months later...

Hot off the press from the Rhode Island Trials club and Dave Allen:

It’s Official:
The 2015 World Trials Wagner Cup Championship in Rhode Island is on the calendar for July 25th and 26th of 2015.
The Rhode Island Trials Club will be host to one of the most prestigious motorcycle competitions in the world, the 2015 FIM Trial World Championship, in beautiful West Greenwich, RI. It has been over 15 years since this competition has been
hosted by RITC, and on the last week of July, they will once again welcome the best trials riders from all over the globe. This event marks the 40th Anniversary of first US World Trial Championship here in Rhode Island back in 1975!
We are planning for a variety of activities at the site with the World Trials at the center stage.
If your club is looking for a cool destination street ride, this is it! We have some of the best motorcycle roads in New England that will take you right to beautiful West Greenwich, RI. You can camp onsite and enjoy the weekend activities or stay in the plentiful hotels less than 20 minutes away.
Our website has been updated and our ticket sales and camping reservation have been activated.
Go to our website www.wtc2015usa.com for information, places to stay and to take advantage of the online discount tickets and camping reservations.
Stay tuned for more information as this rockin’ celebration evolves.
Dave Allen

Good luck! We will be there. Try to find a rock or two for them to ride on. Maybe something close to the ocean. ;)

--Biff

There is video somewhere of a section being ridden where they had to time it just right so the incoming waves did not wash them away

I'm making vacation plans right now :)

And clearing a few credit cards .

Great reason to visit my big brother in CT.

My other brother rode in a WR there back in 75 or 76 , one of the first ones .

Cycle world magazine did a story on it , and low and behold my bro was a full page photo in the mag ! , tatty button down shirt and tl125 and all .

It is a pretty photo though .

What is the observer / camping situation going to be like ?

I'm voluntering :)

Glenn

My Campsite is all set ! See ya there !!!!

Edited by axulsuv

Scott Swanson , He entered it when we were kids riding netra events , back when Don Sweet was untouchable :) I'm pretty sure we didn't know the scope of the event at the time ... He rode all the loops and we came to find out he missed a section (the same one) every loop . So I think he may have been marked a DNF . I was 12 or 13 so I really don't remember it to well

Glenn

• 1 month later...

I lived right near there for a few winters - hoping to make it there. I've never seen a world trial. Heck, I've never even been to one before I competed in a club even a year ago.

From what I remember, try to stay on the west side of 295 and 95 for least traffic.

I see a number of motels listed.