Btwice Ossa Diagnostic Leads/adjustable Throttle Body

canada280i

anyone managed to get a set of these diagnostic leads from Btwice yet? an if so, how are they, do they work as planned?

Also, anyone have one of the Btwice adjustable throttle bodies, same question, how are they and do they work as planned?

• 2 weeks later...

these btwice parts appear to be very much like unicorns , talked about but never seen :hyper:

I managed to get hold of a btwice flywheel weight last week , asked about the throttle body , dealer had them but didn't really want to send any out yet as he had not tested any himself :wall:

• 6 months later...

I finally broke down and bought some of the BTWICE. Diagnostic cables. I got tired of waiting for the other ones I kept hearing about.

I installed it on an old XP machine I have just for various diagnostics.

Works great!

It comes with software ( although I had to use a version of the KD-Scan I got from the dealer to make it install) and a bunch of maps.

I have not tried another map, I want to get a copy of the one I have now first. The bike is running pretty darn well now so if I I didn't like the new one I'd want to go,back.

The only place I could find them was Trials and Tribulations in England.

The instructions for installation could be a bit improved, but I didn't have any issues.

It is good to have a set here!

• Like 1

How much were they from the uk? I did not see them on their website

They are sold out again- but you can ask to have another.

It was $290 US shipped to me in the States. (With exchange at the time)

A bit more than I would have liked, but it works and if I have any issue (even a minors adjustment) I want to have them right here. I like a LONG way from the closest dealer (who has been very helpful)

Lewisport is a dealer, but they didn't have any to sell- last I heard they were waiting for a different setup. But I got tired of waiting.

Mark

Edited by lotus54
  • Like 1

Hi 280i, I have Btwice throttle body ,wider bash plate and flywheel weight kit, all good stuff.

The throttle body works a treat, no more dicking around setting the idle speed by adjusting the "throttle stop" which you all know affects the TPS setting

which you are trying get in a specfic spot, just turn the brass set/thumb screw which lets air bypass the throttle butterfly and your adjusting the idle, it's that easy.

I found the return spring on the Btwice was a little heavy so I used the one off the Ossa throttle body.

I do have diagnostic cables as well but they were genuine Ossa ones I purchased from my dealer here in Australia (WHICH WE NO LONGER HAVE), luckily our

Gasser importer has offered to get Ossa parts from the factory.

Tps-throttle position sensor ,informs the ecu how much the throttle is open so it knows how much fuel to inject and what ignition advance.Idle speed increases with more air same as lifting the slide in a carb with the throttle stop screw . Ecu sees this and adjusts fuelling to suit Idle speed doesn't alter mixture unless ecu deems it necessary

Edited by huski

The idle speed doesn't affect mixture directly. BUT

The system is setup so that at idle speed a certain voltage needs to be present for the TPS.

This needs to be set and the ECU 'told' this is the idle setting. It not done correctly, the overall mixture can get messed up.

This happend to me after a 100 hours or so. A quick adjustment and reset and all was good again.

The BTWICE throttle body allows adjusting mixture thought messing with the throttle (it has a separate bypass). So if you want it different you can just Do a quick adjust anywhere and keep going.

Mark

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now they I look closer, I'm Not really sure the setup I have is BTWICE- I thought. It was, but it doesn't say it anywhere on the packaging etc.

http://trialstribulations.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31&products_id=2716

It is working well, although I have not written a new map yet. I'm waiting to get ahold of the map that is in there first, so I can return it if I don't like the new one.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...