Gas Gas With No Drive With New Clutch

proudsimon

I've just bought an old txt gas gas which has just been fitted with a new clutch!!

Now the oil leak has been fixed and the gearbox holds oil,there is no go/ drive when you let out the clutch, does it just need bleeding or is it a bit more serious?

Older gasgas require a specific ordering to the pressure plates in the cage. I would post in the gasgas forum and provide the model and year. Meanwhile remove the clutch case cover. (probably don't need a gasket or oring if its newer) and look closely at the pressure plates.

--Biff

Older gasgas require a specific ordering to the pressure plates in the cage. I would post in the gasgas forum and provide the model and year. Meanwhile remove the clutch case cover. (probably don't need a gasket or oring if its newer) and look closely at the pressure plates.

--Biff

Biff, as I remember, there is a "cross" on one of the spring towers and a cross embossed next to one of the pressure plate spring holes and they need to be matched up together. This may be part of the problem.

Jon

Biff, as I remember, there is a "cross" on one of the spring towers and a cross embossed next to one of the pressure plate spring holes and they need to be matched up together. This may be part of the problem.

Jon

Yep i think your right. Jon.... I remember struggling with that on my TXT Edition now that you mention it.

--Biff

You don't say what your bike is exactly. Could someone have put in the wrong clutch hydraulic fluid, dot 4 instead of HSMO or vice versa? This can make the slave cylinder seal swell and stop the clutch engaging properly.

If possible et someone who knows these engines to have a look, I have come across several mis assembled GG clutches, even finding the kickstart shaft shim washer on the clutch release bearing in one.

I haven't yet had the chance to pull it apart to check all these things out, it is running as sweet as nut, although after sort the pinched gasket/ oil leak the kick start isn't springing back like it should, I'm up on the isle of Mull and there isn't many folk with experience at this sort of thing.

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll be lookin into all of them.

I had a TY that didnt drive but it only needed the cluch lever loosened so there was some play.

if there is no play on the cluch lever try this,

On the cluch lever it should have a screw with the cluch wire, loosening it until there is a little play on the cluch lever then tighten up the lock nut so it is secure.

Hope this helps! :D