Best Electronic Ignition System For A '79 199A?

mike350

post-18219-0-24563000-1412322322_thumb.jpgHi All,

I said that I'd report back once I'd ridden the bike properly. This is with the Inmotion kit, without lights.

Well, first thing is I'm surprised that it still kicks back a fair bit. Not a bother, but it's obviously timed very near TDC at low revs. She's a little slow to find revs right at the bottom end - but this is down to me trying to keep an original Bing carb, rather than fitting the brand new Mikuni that I have in the box.

None the less, the bike is running brilliantly, even at the top of long climbs in tight sections around trees in second where the revs dropped very low, she keeps pulling. And opened up on those climbs it has amazing power, running very clean indeed with lovely pick up.

All in all, I have to say that I'm delighted with my investment. Highly recommended.

Now to fit that carb....

• Like 6

She's a little slow to find revs right at the bottom end - but this is down to me trying to keep an original Bing carb, rather than fitting the brand new Mikuni that I have in the box.

That's due to the ignition, it makes them a bit lazier off pilot.

• Like 1

Everyone should experience timing a BUL at least 1 time as it is so much fun!!

I still do it as I don't really find it necessary to set them often.

The cam must be as smooth as possible, and whatever ignition, the case must be vented

and not sealed.

MIKE, The polished cases really set the bike off.

Larry

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 1