Hello From Durham, England. Yamaha Ty175 Restoration

power175

Hi,

Iv'e started restoring a Yamaha ty175 1976, this is my first bike

and my first restoration project.

I'm trying to restore it to its original looks to then bring to classic motorcycle shows. When starting it in the past it has kicked back at me and smashed the cluch/crankcase cover.

I have repainted it and now starting to rebuild it but finding it hard to come across parts in my price range :angry: will a Yamaha DT175 kickstart and crankcase cover fit my Yamaha TY175.

I will try and post some pictures of it on its way to a compleded TY!

thanks,

Edited by power175

Hi a DT clutch casing is different so will not fit as I have found out !! I got mine welded by a professional and you can't see its been done he made such a good job. I have since found a good one on eBay so got one as a spare but had to pay a price.

Thanks, shame as one on ebay cheap, the one i like is verry costy but the only one ive found on google.

I'll keep looking out for one :thumbup:

Those kickstarts may well fit in place, but will hit the footpeg. No problem if you don't mind lifting the peg up to start it.

Your clutch case looks like it has been repaired previously

Not all YZ/MX/IT 125/175 clutch covers will fit

You can always take a scan of your clutch cover gasket and email it to whoever is wanting to sell you a cover to see if the shape is right, or get them to send you a scan of their cover gasket surface.

It looks like it would repair fairly easily, find a good tig welder to do the job :thumbup:

Sorry, already had it welded before but now its cracked in 2 places and shatered on the otherside so i need a new side for it as the one on tytrials is to much.

I also need a kickstart as before it got put into storage the spline part if the kickstart (not the shaft) broke into 2 and then i got it out 25 years later and cant find the other peace!

:mellow:-_-

• 2 weeks later...

I can help you with your side case cover problem. I started a thread a couple of months ago on this forum http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/47981-ty-175-side-case-cover-clutchkick-starter-side/ Check there for a lot of options. One of the guys that responded to my question included a very helpful link to a site that will show you how many different side case covers use the same gasket as your TY. Ebay is your friend. Just find one of the side case covers that use the same gasket and you should be just fine. On that thread you will see an example of a guy who is using an YZ side case cover. It is beautiful and cheap if you keek your eyes open.

Good luck with your build. You will find that this forum is extremely helpful and responsive. I have been bothering these folks for months now. When I'm finished with the TY, I will move on to my TLR and start bothering the guys on the Honda Forum. You can watch my build on my blog. Many more pictures, and some commentary. meditativemachinery

Mike

meditativemachinery