Show Us Your Ty

power175

Yes I am using TY 250 forks with Magical springs, valving,and adjustable spring load caps. The triple clamps are billet aluminium that basically make the forks parallel with the steering stem, stock Ty clamps have approx 3/8 inch of taper from the top clamp to the bottom, mine have no taper, I'm using modern Fat style handlebars I have moved the rear shock upper mounts down about 2/1/2 inches and welded new tabs on the swingarm to lengthen the wheelbase 2 inches. The complete package is very nice to ride turns great feels very modern , I'm also using Betor/ Sammy Miller pro rear shocks.

Steve what fork tube offset dimension do you have in those zero angular offset clamps?

Bashplate....Dude...I am married...could not do any of my stuff without her support. I wander off to mt workshop (shed to you guys...) everyday for several hours and then usually go riding. This is our riding season...I guess that it is the same with you folks "down under"...when our summer comes, it gets pretty hot. Sometimes hot to work in the shop or go riding.

I digress...I am happily married.

Thanks for the interest..

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

For you TY80 fans. A TY80 with an adult rider (over 200 lbs) finished both days of the Texas National riding the vintage class. Eight mile loop of very steep terrain. Sunday he cleaned my section that I was scoring twice!

Forgot to mention, his minder was also on a TY80!!!

lance_zpsjnmemk9s.jpg

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 2

Very nice looking bike fulltilt!

Thanks, but it's not mine, it's my friend, Lori's. (and the TY80) It's her first bike and she wanted to start with a seat. Hopefully we'll get her on a new bike next year! And save this one for vintage events. I think that will be fun for both of us. One of us might have to ride the 80, but according to 'Lineaway' I guess it's possible.

Edited by fulltilt

Can anyone tell me something about the TY footpegs. In the picture above you can see what is on it. But I noticed some knurled shaft ends under the engine which I'm told are the original peg mounts. Is that right? And if so, where can I get them? I'd like to get as much original equipment as possible. I do have the original metal tank, with nuts and seeds from a previous squatter. Original fenders will be really hard to find, without a doubt.

Can anyone tell me something about the TY footpegs. In the picture above you can see what is on it. But I noticed some knurled shaft ends under the engine which I'm told are the original peg mounts. Is that right? And if so, where can I get them? I'd like to get as much original equipment as possible. I do have the original metal tank, with nuts and seeds from a previous squatter. Original fenders will be really hard to find, without a doubt.

I was always under the impression the foot peg mounts under the engine were from the original DT175, of which the TY origins were built from.

• Like 1

I suspect they were leaving the option open of making a trail riding kit for the TY175, as was made for the TY250A. The DT100/125/175 footpegs of that time mounted on that sort of spline. As with the TY250A, it would require a very long brake pedal

• Like 1

Like these? Got this set with some other TY175 parts.  Keeps you nice and centered!

I'm going to hold off for now. I've got an event next weekend and have lots of work to do to my Beta first. I'll get back to you when I get back to the TY. Thanks B)

You have original equipment. As previously stated before, Yamaha could not sell the bikes as trials bikes. They came out with trail kits to make them worthless for trials, trail friendly. We had dozens of the original pegs left over when I worked at the local Yamaha dealer.